Kevin. W. Dornan has served since April 2015 as Deputy General Counsel at Gunster in West Palm Beach, Florida, after seven years as the firm’s Ethics Counsel. Prior to this, he had his own corporate and securities law practice in Ocala, Florida (2001-2008) during which time he was securities counsel to a publicly reporting company (2001-2004). From 1996-2001, he was in-house counsel for a telecommunications company in St. Augustine, Florida. He also practiced from 1987 to 1996 as a litigation and transactional attorney in Washington, DC.
Mr. Dornan did his undergraduate work at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, and holds an M.A. in Philosophical Ethics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He received his J.D. in 1987 from the University of Maryland School of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Maryland Law Review and was a member of the Moot Court Board.
Mr. Dornan was a Senior Adjunct Instructor in Business Ethics at St. Leo University, St. Leo, Florida, from 1996 to 2007, and an Adjunct Instructor in Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility at Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida, during the same time period.
Mr. Dornan is admitted to practice in Florida, Maryland and the District of Columbia. He is a member of the ABA Center for Professional Responsibility and Law Practice Division and the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers (APRL).
- Meet the Author webinar on Lessons Learned: Practical Ethics for Busy Lawyers, The North Carolina Bar Association, April 2016
- Lessons Learned: Practical Ethics for Busy Lawyers (ABA Book Publishing, 2016)
- “The 4 Biggest Mistakes Lawyers Make With Email,” an interview with Law360, Oct. 14, 2015
- American Bar Association
- Center for Professional Responsibility
- Law Practice Division
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers (APRL)