George LeMieux focuses his practice on resolving business and governmental disputes, and advising CEOs and “C” level executives on business, law and politics from a state and national perspective.
He has advocated for clients before state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as governmental agencies and regulatory bodies.
George served as Florida’s 34th United States Senator in the 111th Congress. In the United States Senate, he served on the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, the Armed Services Committee, and the Special Committee on Aging. He successfully passed legislation on health care fraud, export promotion, rating agency reform, small business promotion, as well as a treaty resolution on tactical nuclear weapons.
George served as Florida’s deputy attorney general overseeing more than 400 attorneys and appearing before appellate courts on behalf of the state of Florida, including the United States Supreme Court. George also served as the Governor’s chief of staff overseeing all state agencies and operations. In that role, he negotiated a gaming compact with the Seminole Tribe of Florida.
George LeMieux serves as the chairman of the board of the Gunster law firm.
- Florida v. Nixon, 543 U.S. 175 (2004)
- State of Florida v. Wyndham, 869 So. 2d 592 (Fla. 1st DCA 2004)
- Tronzo v. Biomet, 236 F. 3d 1342 (Fed. Cir. 2001)
- “Economic and Tax Policy Outlook for Florida and U.S.,” Planned Giving Council of Broward, Fort Lauderdale, December 2014
- LeMieux Center for Public Policy, speaker series discussion of “2012 Presidential Campaign with Obama and Romney Campaign Managers and Key Media”
- Florida Legislative and Executive Office discussions regarding “The State’s Gaming Policies and the Seminole Compact,” The Tower Forum, November 2013
- “Conversation on Florida Elections with Senator Bob Graham,” CountyLine TV WBEC, November 2013
- Panelist on health care reform, “History & Development of the Law and State Response to the Law and Future Costs,” JA World Huizenga Center, October 2013
- “Economic Outlook, the Political Climate and Current Tax and Planning Issues,” National Christian Foundation of South Florida, October 2013
- “Florida’s Economic Climate and How Rules and Regulations are Affecting the Florida Economy,” Planned Giving Council, September 2013
- “American Exceptionalism,” TV Program Issues and Viewpoint, September 2013
- “Economic Overview for Florida and the Nation,” FNGA Summit on Natural Gas, September 2013
- LeMieux Center for Public Policy speaker series with Will Weatherford, Palm Beach Atlantic University, September 2013
- Speaker at Georgetown Alumni/National Bar Association, July 2013
- “Economic Overview of South Florida’s Economy and How It May Impact the Construction Industry,” Construction Executives Association, May 2013
- South Florida Business Journal 2013 “Business of the Year” awards, presenter, April 2013
- “How the Senate Works (or Doesn’t) with Senator Bob Smith,” Ocean Reef Club, April 2013
- “Fiscal Issues and Economic Overview for Florida and the Nation,” Republican Club of the Greater Palm Beaches, March 2013
- Gunster Speaker Series, “Economic Overview for Florida and the Nation,” Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Orlando, February and March 2013
- Panelist judge for the final round of adjudicators for the Congressional Debate, Emory University, January 2013
- LeMieux Center for Public Policy speaker series with Presidential Advisor David Gergen
- ARIAS Arbitrator Intensive Training Workshop, 2012
- LeMieux Center for Public Policy at Palm Beach Atlantic University, founder
- Center for a Competitive Florida, Florida Tax Watch, chairman
- Young Presidents Organization, Palm Beach
- Chapter chair
- Florida Council of 100 Higher Education Committee
- Broward Workshop
- National Association Urban Debate Leagues, board member
- Goodwill of Broward County, former board member