Jennifer Nicole has been providing litigation and strategy advice to Gunster’s clients for more than 15 years. Jennifer has experience in many areas of complex commercial litigation, including trademark and copyright litigation, unfair competition claims, real property litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes, and other business litigation. She has represented both individuals and businesses.
Jennifer has taken and defended hundreds of depositions and argued before both federal and state judges on all types of issues. Jennifer has tried both jury and non-jury cases in both state and federal courts in Florida, ranging from several days to a month.
Jennifer has also been active in her community and is formerly the chairperson of the Broward County Housing Authority. Jennifer has also served on the board of directors for Hands Across Broward and the Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale. In addition, she was involved in the creation of the FLITE Center, focused on assisting foster children with the transition to independent living.
- Dolphin-Safe Labeling: Are the Dolphins Finally Safe? Virginia Environmental Law Journal, Volume 15:4, Fall 1996
- National Association of Professional Women
- Leadership Broward Class XXXI
- Leadership Broward Class XXXII, HUE Day Committee, co-chair
- Broward County Bar Association
- Broward County Housing Authority
- Chairperson, April 2013-present
- Commissioner, 2011-May 2016
- Hands on Broward, board member, 2012-14
- Junior League of Fort Lauderdale, 2003-2014 (active), sustainer (present)
- Fund development research chair, 2013-14
- Community vice president, 2008-09
- Finance vice president, 2007-08
- Kappa Kappa Gamma Alumni Organization, Fort Lauderdale