COVID-19: Resources & Insights
Join the attorneys of Gunster on Tuesday, March 31 from 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST for a live webinar to discuss the key state and Tampa-specific legal and business issues as a result of COVID-19 and what your organization needs to focus on to stay ahead. Register now!
We realize this is an unprecedented time and critical information on the characteristics of COVID-19 and its impact on business activity is difficult to assess and can change overnight.
In response to this crisis, Gunster has established a multi-disciplinary, coordinated effort to help our clients navigate a myriad of business and legal issues they may be facing.
It is our priority to continue our commitment to our team members, clients and communities to help them plan and strategize. Read our firm communications issued on March 16, 2020.
Read our latest client alerts:
- March 26, 2020: Families First Coronavirus Response Act Poster
The U.S. Department of Labor has issued a new poster required to be displayed to all employees, effective April 1. Is your business equipped with this new information?
- March 26, 2020: Antitrust Laws and Competitor Collaboration in the Face of COVID-19
What guidance has been provided to businesses to ensure their efforts to provide needed relief – in the forms of goods, commodities, products, and services – comply with U.S. competition laws?
- March 26, 2020: Businesses Beware: COVID-19 Fraud is Flourishing
What are the Florida Attorney General’s office and U.S. Attorneys doing to target scams that exploit this national emergency?
- March 26, 2020: Congress Agrees to $2 Trillion COVID-19 Relief Package
Early Wednesday morning, Senate leaders agreed to a $2 trillion emergency relief package in response to COVID-19. This bipartisan legislation will assist millions of businesses and Americans during this uncertain time in the nation’s economy. What are the highlights of the stimulus package?
- March 25, 2020: SEC Issues Pandemic-Related Relief and Reminders
The S.E.C. has issued guidance on various issues including the importance of maintaining market integrity, extended reporting deadlines and disclosure guidance for public companies. Read the latest here.
- March 23, 2020: USCIS Announces Temporary Suspension of Premium Processing for All I-129 (including H-1B Cap-Subject Petitions for FY 2021) and I-140 Petitions Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic
How will the suspension affect your business?
- March 23, 2020: Will COVID-19 result in a material adverse effect under mergers and acquisitions agreements?
The question on whether COVID-19 is a natural emergency.
- March 23, 2020: COVID-19: Are Development Orders and Permits Extendable?
Guidance on whether COVID-19 constitutes a “material adverse effect”.
- March 20, 2020: Families First Coronavirus Response Act – Tax Alert
The latest on the tax aspects of this Act.
- March 20, 2020: Tax Payment and Filing Delay
How will the IRS delaying the filing obligation until July 15, 2020, affect you?
- March 19, 2020: Tax Deadline Extended 90 Days
What you need to know about the 90-day extension to pay your business’ 2019 income-tax bills.
- March 18, 2020: New Bill Requires Paid Leave for Employees Affected by the Coronavirus
How will the Families First Coronavirus Response Act affect your business?
- March 18, 2020: Florida’s State Government Response to COVID-19
The latest on evolving state legislation.
- March 17, 2020: COVID-19: Tips for Businesses
How will COVID-19 impact your business? Our team stands ready to help you plan and strategize so that you remain prepared during this time.
- March 17, 2020: COVID-19: Tips for Health Care Providers
Guidance on how health care providers might identify and mitigate risk in light of this pandemic.
- March 17, 2020: COVID-19: Impact on US Immigration Matters
How will the U.S. government measures relating to COVID-19 impact sponsored foreign national employees and individual travelers?
- March 16, 2020: SEC Guidance Clarifies Switch to Virtual Meetings due to Pandemic
What are the important considerations associated with holding a virtual or hybrid meeting?
In The News:
March 23, 2020
March 20, 2020
by Amy Terwilleger
March 19, 2020
Also featured on Yahoo News
March 18, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 17, 2020