Leadership Palm Beach County, a nonprofit that aims to educate and unite public, private and nonprofit leaders, is holding its Civics and Government Day all day on Wednesday, September 11. The program includes events, projects and networking opportunities designed to help attendees better understand county-specific challenges, governance and history.
Gunster shareholder George S. LeMieux is the featured speaker at the 2:30 p.m. presentation, “A View from Washington.” He will discuss how the issues facing Washington impact Palm Beach County.
Also on the agenda:
- 8:15 a.m. – Palm Beach County overview – who are we?
- 10:15 a.m. – Palm Beach County – how we operate
- 11 a.m. – View from Tallahassee
- 1:30 p.m. – Tale of 2 city mayors (& 2 forms of governance)
- 2:30 p.m. – View from Washington
- 3:30 p.m. – Lobbying in the Sunshine State
- 4 p.m. – Planning pickle:lobbying for/against new development
See the entire agenda for the 2013 Civics and Government Day agenda.
Parking is free: Park at City Center Garage (entrance at 125 N. Dixie Hwy), take a token and bring it with you to the event for validation.