On May 17, 2022, Gunster Shareholder Ed Marod will moderate an American Bar Association (ABA) Litigation Section-hosted program covering the basics of professional liability insurance for lawyers. The free program, which is open to the public, targets those in the market for lawyer professional liability insurance and lawyers prosecuting and defending claims of lawyer malpractice.
Topics of discussion include:
- Claims made insurance not occurrence insurance
- Interpreting the declarations page
- Options relating to deductibles and self insured retentions
- Declining limit (“wasting”) policies
- Right of insured with respect to choice of counsel and settlement
- Reporting requirements before and after a direct claim
- Applications and renewals
- Underwriting considerations
- Bar grievance coverage
- Cyber liability coverage
Ed Marod is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. He limits his practice to litigation, trials and appeals of significant business cases. He has been practicing law in Florida since 1977.
Ed has an undergraduate degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting. Ed has represented numerous accountants and accounting firms in many cases in state and federal courts and before regulators. Ed also defends lawyers in malpractice claims.