On June 28th, 2022 Gunster Shareholder Peter Quinter will be presenting for the Premium Cigars Association webinar discussing cigar compliance with the Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) and U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) for Manufacturers and Importers.
Topics during the webinar will cover:
- The application permit process to be a cigar manufacturer or importer;
- The tariff classification of cigars and other tobacco products;
- The calculation and payment of excise taxes;
- How to successfully survive an audit and investigation by CBP and TTB; and
- How to get an excise tax refund from TTB for destroyed cigars.
Globally ranked U.S. Customs and international trade law counselor and advocate, Peter Quinter, represents individuals and companies involved in the wide variety of legal issues associated with international trade and transportation, including litigation before federal courts across Florida and before the U.S. Court of International Trade in New York. Peter is a Florida Bar Board Certified international law attorney.
Peter represents importers, exporters, customs brokers, international freight forwarders and other companies involved in a myriad of industry sectors and international supply chain matters, such as regulatory compliance and enforcement by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) including U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).