- June 16: Florida Diversity Council 5th Annual LGBT-Allies Diversity Summit, LGBT: Preparing your organization for inclusion. Suarez will present at this summit in Orlando, Florida, on the topic of inclusion of LGBT individuals in the workplace and how employers can foster an inclusive environment.
- June 21: Ocala HR Association Meeting. Suarez will speak at the meeting regarding how employers can prepare their organizations for inclusion of LGBT individuals.
- June 30: Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce‘s Competitive Edge lunch series. Suarez will present on the topic of Department of Labor- final stance on exempt status strategies for December 2016 and beyond. Suarez will focus on understanding the new overtime rules, the options available to employers, and the effects on business.
- July 27: Integrated Employee Resources meeting. Suarez will present to IER clients in Tampa regarding the new Department of Labor overtime rules and what this means for business.
- August 29-30: HR Florida Conference & Expo. Suarez will present on Wage & hour- A new wave is coming; misclassifications vs return on investment, tackling the new Department of Labor rules and how to prepare your company to strategically face these new costs.
Eduardo Suarez-Solar, MMS, MPA, JD, SPHR has represented and advised small, medium and large organizations regarding all aspects of labor and employment relations, as well as provided strategic business development counsel to hundreds of companies, nonprofits and government entities over the past decades. Suarez’s experience includes advising employers regarding employment law, human resource management and compliance, and traditional labor law matters.
He works out of Gunster’s Tampa, Florida, office.
- Options for Florida businesses in light of new overtime rules (Gunster.com News, 5/24/16)
- Changes to overtime rules effective Dec. 1 (Gunster.com Alerts, 5/19/16)
- Caveat entrepreneur: The high cost of benefits coverage (Gunster.com News, 3/29/16)