Angel A. Cortiñas, who has served as a judge on the 3rd District Court of Appeals in Miami, has accepted a position in the Miami office of Gunster, a Florida-based commercial law firm. The news was reported in a number of media publications.
Cortiñas begins at Gunster August 1.
Prior to his eight and a half years on the bench, the Daily Business Review reports, Cortiñas worked as a Miami federal prosecutor. After graduating from Harvard Law School, he worked as a law clerk for U.S. District Judge William Hoeveler in Miami, the article adds.
Cortiñas will focus his work at Gunster on white-collar defense, complex litigation, receiverships, appeals and arbitrations.
For more information:
- People on the Move (South Florida Business Journal, 6/20/13)
- The Florida Bar News (6/15/13)
- People on the Move (Sun Sentinel online, 6/10/13)
- Gunster adds prominent Florida appellate judge as shareholder in its Miami office (Gunster press release, 6/4/13)
- Gunster snags Florida appellate judge for Miami office (Law360, 5/31/13)
- Third DCA Judge Angel Cortinas resigns after 8 years to join Gunster (Daily Business Review, 5/30/13)