Once again, Gunster won first place in its size category (100-499 employees) at the South Florida Business Journal’s annual Healthiest Employers awards. The event was held on Thursday, June 5, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six in Fort Lauderdale.
See more photos of the event at the South Florida Business Journal website
This was the third time Gunster was recognized by the South Florida competition.
Gunster has several popular health programs designed to motivate its employees.
- The firm has an annual health fair held at most of its offices across the state. These fairs are free of charge for Gunster employees and offer screenings for cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar. Also employees have a chance to speak to a health coach.
- The “Destination You” walking program is designed to be 12 months long. The purpose is to get employees to be active, it can monitor walking, going up the stairs and running as different activities.The information on these trackers is recorded, then downloaded when those who participate walk past a reader in the office. The goal is to reach 1 million steps by the end of the year. Once an employee achieves this, they can receive paid time off or a discount on their health premium for the following year. In addition to these rewards, prizes and cash are awarded throughout the year for completing different challenges.
- Gunster also takes the time to fund participation in health activities. Since 2011, the firm has participated in the Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run in South Florida and funds the registrations. The firm also sponsors additional charity events and wellness events throughout the year.
All of these health initiatives result in healthier employees and leads to them being more productive, happier and healthier. In turn, Gunster received the 2014 South Florida “Healthiest Employer” award in the 100-499 employees category. Overall, employee morale has increased at Gunster.
- Profiles of the 2014 award winners, including Gunster’s: 2014 Healthiest Employers (South Florida Business Journal, 6/6/14)
- Companies bank on wellness (South Florida Business Journal 6/6/14)
- Popular health initiatives help Gunster win in South Florida ‘Healthiest Employer’ competition (Gunster.com, in the news, 6/7/13)
- Gunster among ‘2012 Healthiest Employers’ in South Florida (Gunster.com, in the news, 5/29/12)
See more photos from this year’s awards: 2014 Healthiest Employers Awards (South Florida Business Journal, 6/13/14)