In a recent Big Exit podcast, Gunster shareholder Greg Bader was invited to discuss the legal perspective of M&A with the host, David Burns.
Bader and Burns talk about the following topics:
- Key legal issues in getting your company ready for the big exit
- The importance of due diligence on both sides
- How spending a few dollars now on legal can increase the value of your business
- Why preparing early for the sale of your company can help you get top dollar
- Importance of being ready to give representations and warranted in the sale of your business
- The value of escrows in getting buyers and sellers more comfortable with doing the deal
- Lessons from deals gone wrong
Bader focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, securities offerings, and advising companies and their management as they make critical business decisions. He has been involved with mergers and acquisitions for numerous public and private companies operating inside and outside of Florida.
Listen to the full podcast here: Greg Bader: The legal over of M&A