Northeast Florida continues to present redevelopment opportunities for businesses looking to expand into new locations. However, redeveloping existing sites can be tricky.
- Land use and zoning: Do structures and/or uses exist that do not comply with the current zoning or land use regulations?
- Public infrastructure: What does the existing public infrastructure look like, and will redevelopment require upgrades or increased mobility fees?
- Permitting: Are the permits originally obtained still valid and do they cover the proposed work?
- Environmental conditions: Will historic uses of the property raise environmental concerns?
- Title: Does the title search reveal any issues that impact redevelopment plans?
Read the entire article:
- Top 5 things to consider for redevelopment projects in NE Florida (Jacksonville Business Journal, 5/17/16)