Gunster offers a dedicated Healthcare Transactions practice that handles mergers and acquisitions specifically in the healthcare space. Our team is comprised of attorneys from a variety of practice disciplines and are skilled in the components of healthcare transactions, including tax/non-profit issues, healthcare regulatory law, employment, environmental and real estate matters, debt financing, benefits and other areas that frequently arise in the course of such initiatives.
The transaction sizes of the deals the firm handles range from a few million to over a billion dollars in value. Notably, our team routinely negotiates and closes deals valued in the low to mid-nine figures. Being a Florida-focused law firm has contributed to our skill in handling such a broad range of deals. Over our many years of practice, our firm has learned how to appropriately scale our approach to matter management and strives to deliver high-caliber service and world-class legal counsel across all transactions – regardless of the deal size, complexity and monetary value.
Our lawyers pride themselves on producing top-quality work product and providing legal solutions that make sense for our client, as well as for being both responsive and pragmatic. Our goal is to always to serve as deal-makers, facilitators and problem-solvers.
Gunster provides extensive experience in handling acquisitions in the healthcare space, including platform and add-on investments and sell-side representation. Members of our team have experience in regulatory and transactional law involving the full array of healthcare entities, including providers and suppliers alike.
- $107 million sale of capital stock and control of a Florida-based medical clinic operator and a Florida-based management services organization to a private equity platform buyer
- $900 million sale of 100% of the capital stock of a pharmacy benefit manager to a private equity platform buyer
- $500 million sale of 100% of the capital stock of a hospital to a South Florida hospital system
- $105 million of assets of a Florida-based senior living facilities operator to a private equity platform buyer
- F-Reorganization of a Florida-based independent, integrated provider network serving Medicare Advantage members leading to a $500 million recapitalization by a private equity investor
- $110 million sale of a medical device company
- $500+ million sale of a majority interest in a company providing resolution services on denied or problematic hospital receivables to a private equity firm
- $580 million sale of a national provider of personal care services to a private equity firm
- $103 million sale of a significant minority ownership interest in a leading manufacturer of health, wellness and dietary supplement products to a buyer controlled by two private equity firms
- $150 million sale of 100% of the equity in a long-term care services provider entity