WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (Nov. 2, 2015) – Gunster, one of Florida’s oldest and largest full-service business law firms, is pleased to announce that 64 of its attorneys have been selected for the Best Lawyers in America list for 2016.
In addition, nine Gunster attorneys in eight different practice areas and three different geographic regions have been named Lawyers of the Year by Best Lawyers. This sublist is exclusive: only one lawyer in a particular practice area and geographic region is selected each year.
2016 Lawyers of the Year
|David G. Bates – corporate law, West Palm Beach||G. Joseph Curley – bet-the-company litigation, West Palm Beach||William Hennessey – trusts & estates, West Palm Beach||Alan S. Lederman – tax law, Fort Lauderdale|
|John W. Little III – land use & zoning law, West Palm Beach||Stephen C. Page – intellectual property litigation, West Palm Beach||M. Lynn Pappas – land use & zoning law, Jacksonville||Michael D. Simon – trusts & estates litigation, West Palm Beach||David M. Wells – construction litigation, Jacksonville|
The following attorneys are included on the 2016 ‘Best Lawyers in America’ list:
Banking and Finance Law
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
Corporate Governance Law
Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
Employment Law – Individuals
Government Relations Practice
Health Care Law
Land Use and Zoning Law
|Litigation – Antitrust|
Litigation – Banking and Finance
Litigation – Construction
Litigation – Environmental
Litigation – Intellectual Property
Litigation – Labor and Employment
Litigation – Land Use and Zoning
Litigation – Patent
Litigation – Real Estate
Litigation – Securities
Litigation – Trust and Estates
Litigation and Controversy – Tax
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Real Estate Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Trusts and Estates
*new to list in 2016
Five Gunster attorneys are new to the Best Lawyers’ list in 2016:
- Gregory K. Bader – Leader of Gunster’s banking & financial services law practice, Greg has been involved with mergers and acquisitions for numerous public and private financial institutions operating inside and outside of Florida.
- Angel A. Cortinas – Co-leader of Gunster’s appellate practice, Angel served as an appellate judge on Florida’s 3rd District Court of Appeal for more than 8 years before joining Gunster in 2013.
- Thomas M. Karr – Tom practices exclusively in the area of probate, trust and fiduciary litigation and is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
- Heidi Davis Knapik – Heidi offers deep and broad experience from over 20 years of solving complex land use, zoning and development issues that arise under local, regional and state laws.
- Gregory M. Munson – Greg is a member of Gunster’s environmental & land use and governmental affairs & lobbying teams. Prior to joining Gunster in 2013, he served as deputy secretary for water policy and ecosystem restoration for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
Best Lawyers’ annual list is compiled as a result of peer-review surveys and is published in almost 70 countries around the world. Inclusion in the 2016 edition of Best Lawyers was based on millions of evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers.
Best Lawyers has partnered with U.S. News & World Report to rank law firms in the United States for its annual Best Law Firms list, on which Gunster has consistently ranked well across many practice areas over the years. Best Law Firms’ first edition was published in 2010.
# # #
Gunster, Florida’s law firm for business, provides full-service legal counsel to leading organizations and individuals from its 12 offices statewide. Established in 1925, the firm has expanded, diversified and evolved, but always with a singular focus: Florida and its clients’ stake in it. A magnet for business-savvy attorneys who embrace collaboration for the greatest advantage of clients, Gunster’s growth has not been at the expense of personalized service but because of it. The firm serves clients from its offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Palm Beach, Stuart, Tallahassee, Tampa, The Florida Keys, Vero Beach, and its headquarters in West Palm Beach. With nearly 200 attorneys and 200 committed support staff, Gunster is ranked among the National Law Journal’s list of the 500 largest law firms and has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Diverse Law Firms by Law360. More information about its practice areas, offices and insider’s view newsletters is available at www.gunster.com.