September 12, 2007 —Twenty attorneys from Gunster Yoakley & Stewart, P.A. have been selected for inclusion in the 2008 edition of the Best Lawyers in America, a compilation of top attorneys across the country. In addition, Gunster Yoakley was named number one in West Palm Beach, with nine attorneys in the list. In publication for 25 years, Best Lawyers is widely regarded as the finest referral guide to the legal profession in the United States.
The Best Lawyers in America listing, which represents 50 specialties throughout the United States, is compiled through a peer-review survey in which thousands of the top lawyers in the country confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
The following attorneys represented the West Palm Beach office in Best Lawyers in America:
- David G. Bates – Technology Law
- James R. Brindell – Environmental Law, Land Use & Zoning Law
- G. Joseph Curley – Labor and Employment Law
- Daniel A. Hanley – Trusts and Estates
- Michael V. Mitrione – Corporate Law
- Lisa A. Schneider – Trusts and Estates
- Robert T. Scott – Commercial Litigation
- Michael D. Simon – Trusts and Estates
- Stephen G. Vogelsang – Tax Law
In addition, the list named shareholders from the Fort Lauderdale office, including the following with their area of practice:
- Rick J. Burgess – Environmental Law
- Linda A. Conahan – Commercial Litigation
- James B. Davis – Employee Benefits Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates
- Robert S. Hackleman – Commercial Litigation
- Donald R. Hall – Environmental Law, Land Use & Zoning Law, Real Estate Law
- Robert B. Judd – Trusts and Estates
- Martin R. Press – Tax Law
- Robert C. White – Technology Law
Finally, three shareholders from the Miami office were also recognized. They were:
- Arthur J. Furia – Banking Law
- Kevin M. Levy – Technology Law
- Clemente L. Vázquez-Bello – Banking Law
This year, more Gunster Yoakley attorneys are included in the prestigious publication than in any other previous year, marked by the addition of Arthur Furia, Daniel Hanley and Stephen Vogelsang. Four attorneys from the firm have also reached the ten-year milestone, meaning that they have made the list ten times. They are James Davis, James Brindell, Michael Mitrione and Robert Scott.
About Gunster, Yoakley & Stewart
Gunster Yoakley, established in 1925, offers a broad range of legal services to its client base of businesses, institutions, local governments, and prominent individuals. Gunster Yoakley has offices in Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Palm Beach, Stuart, Vero Beach and West Palm Beach. Gunster Yoakley is home to more than 130 attorneys and over 200 dedicated support staff providing counsel to clients through numerous practice groups including corporate, litigation, real estate, and trusts and estates. For more information, visit www.gunster.com or call 1-800 749-1980.