As Gunster’s Director of Community Relations and Client Relationship Management, Maureen directs Gunster’s community outreach and corporate social responsibility efforts. Her focus on firm brand visibility enables Maureen to identify leadership opportunities and expand business development initiatives for individual attorneys, as well as for the firm.
Maureen is dedicated to forging cooperative alliances between the firm and civic, charitable and political organizations, as well as forming motivated teams resulting in ambitious, tangible achievements that directly parallel organizational goals. She is a strategic leader, out-of-the-box problem solver and creative business professional, and is skilled in the art of mentorship and the empowerment of professionals at all levels of development. She is an experienced active listener who knows the right questions to ask to understand her audience and recognize their objectives. Maureen is at her best when helping professionals identify their strengths and leverage myriad opportunities throughout Florida and beyond.
Maureen offers extensive knowledge of local, state and national politics, having served as director and senior staff member of U.S. Senator George S. LeMieux in Washington, D.C., special assistant to Florida Governor Charlie Crist during which time she represented the Governor in southern Florida and manager of the Florida attorney general’s office. Maureen also served as a commissioner and vice chairman for the North Broward Hospital District, one of the nation’s largest healthcare systems. Her experience includes law firm management, marketing, advertising, public relations, constituent services, fundraising, sophisticated event and conference planning.
- 100 Outstanding Women of Broward County, 2014
- National Association of Legal Assistants, Certified Paralegal
- Broward Women’s Alliance, member
- Coral Springs Charter Review Commission
- Broward Days, board member
- North Broward Hospital District, commissioner
- Republican Party of Broward County, vice chairman
- Broward County Republican Executive Committee, committeewoman
- FAU Broward President’s Community Council
- Junior League of Fort Lauderdale
- Keiser University Scholarship Committee