Allison E. Turnbull is a shareholder in Gunster’s Orlando office. With a practice focused on real estate development, Allison is dedicated to helping her clients navigate the complexities of Florida land use and zoning.
Allison’s experience extends throughout Central Florida and beyond, where she handles matters involving the procurement and retention of land use entitlements, including zoning, comprehensive plans, concurrency, infrastructure finance and development, developments of regional impact (DRIs), procurement issues, due diligence and property rights. Allison’s lobbying experience at both the state and federal levels, along with her steadfast focus on legal proficiency, knowledge of the Florida marketplace and professional network aid in her providing a competitive edge to her clients.
Clients from a variety of industries engage Allison as lead counsel on projects involving urban high-rise complexes, hotel and resort properties, industrial power logistics centers, office buildings, single-family home and multifamily apartment developments, master planned communities and retail power centers. Allison also advises on the development and reconstruction of major transportation projects, including the I-4 Ultimate project – a major public/private partnership (P3) and one of the largest infrastructure projects in history – for which she served as lead land use and government relations counsel.
Allison has been featured in a selection of prominent rankings pertaining to Florida law, and holds an “AV Preeminent” rating by Martindale Hubbell. She is recognized among premier practitioners in the Guide to the World’s Leading Women in Business Law “Expert Guides” (2014-15), as well as in the Guide to the World’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers “Expert Guides” (2015). The Orlando Business Journal named Allison to its “40 Under 40” list (2015); Orlando Home and Leisure magazine included Allison among Orlando’s “Top Women Lawyers” (2012); Florida Trend included Allison as an “Legal Elite Up & Comer” (2007, 2011, 2014); and Florida Super Lawyers magazine deemed Allison a “Rising Star” (2007-15). Allison is also listed among the preeminent lawyers in the state by The Best Lawyers in America® for Land Use & Zoning Law, Real Estate Law and Government Relations Practice (2010-16).
- Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law, Legal Media Group's "Expert Guides," 2014-15
- Guide to the World's Leading Real Estate Lawyers, Legal Media Group's "Expert Guides," 2015
- Orlando Business Journal, "40 Under 40," 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Land Use & Zoning Law, Real Estate Law, Government Relations Practice, Litigation – Real Estate, 2010-18
- Orlando Home and Leisure, Orlando's "Top Women Lawyers," 2012
- Florida Trend, "Legal Elite Up & Comer," 2007, 2011, 2014
- Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009-17
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Association of Florida Community Developers
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Home Builders Association of Metro Orlando
- Central Florida Metro Orlando YMCA, board of directors
- After School All Stars, board of directors
- PACE Center for Girls, board of directors