Andrew assists his clients with the establishment of estate plans, including the creation of wills, revocable trusts and power of attorney documents. He also counsels clients on advanced estate planning techniques, including spousal lifetime access trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, family limited partnerships, and sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts.
With respect to administration of estates and trusts, Andrew represents personal representatives and trustees by helping them navigate the probate system, allowing them to develop an understanding of the provisions of the estate plan and their duties and obligations under Florida law. Andrew also prepares federal estate tax returns, gift tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns.
Andrew joined Gunster in 2005 after five years of experience with Deloitte as a tax advisor to high net worth clients. Andrew’s experience enables him to work closely with clients to help them develop a thorough and thoughtful estate plan, taking into account the needs of their family and helping them realize their goals in a tax efficient manner.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, “Man of the Year,” 2008
- Nova Southeastern University Dean’s List, 1998-2000
- University of Florida Dean’s List, 1996
“Tax-Exempt Organizations,” Lorman Education Services, West Palm Beach, FL, August 2007
- Florida Fellows Institute, Class V Graduate, 2022
- Alpha Kappa Psi
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, board of directors, 2009-18
- Leadership Palm Beach County, Class of 2011
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Treasurer, 2010-18
- Board of directors, 2009-18
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Florida Bar, member, 2000-present
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach Tax Institute
- Secretary, 2010
- At-large board member, 2009
- Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival, committee member and emcee, 2011-present