Aron is a trial lawyer representing plaintiffs and defendants in business, criminal, regulatory and other litigation and arbitration matters. He also advises and represents law firms in professional liability matters and individual attorneys facing disciplinary charges.
In his business and civil practice, Aron is regularly involved in disputes involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, corporate governance, trade secrets and disputes over business operations and control. He has performed internal investigations for companies under various circumstances and is the author of a series of articles on “Insulating the Corporation from Potential Liability.” Aron has also counseled and represented clients facing public integrity, regulatory and white collar criminal inquiries, investigations and charges.
In everything he does, Aron believes and understands that a proactive, thoughtful and strategic course of action, formulated in consultation with his clients, is the most effective means of pursuing the desired result. Aron has been recognized for many years by The Best Lawyers in America® in commercial litigation and Maryland Super Lawyers. He holds an AV Preeminent rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings.
Aron speaks fluent Hebrew, has lived in Israel and worked with Israeli businesses.
- Defense and successful resolution of all claims brought against structural engineer in Champlain Towers South Collapse Litigation class action.
- Obtained a landmark ruling that a claim for negligence could be pursued against a national sports association because its rules exposed players to risks of serious head injury that were “unreasonably increased.”
- Obtained vacatur of an arbitration award entered by a committee of a major sports league against a regional sports network.
- Successfully litigated to “informal admonition” disciplinary charges brought against attorney after plea of guilty to federal felony.
- Defense of manufacturer and distributor of leading energy drink in the Maryland component of a multi-state consumer protection investigation.
- Represented a prominent digital currency company in a complex criminal case involving the claimed forfeiture of assets, charges of money laundering, the unlawful operation of a money transmitting business and other Bank Secrecy Act issues; the company emerged from the criminal matter with only minimal penalties and the ability to continue operations.
- Represented the CFO of a Fortune 50 telecommunications company in congressional and criminal investigations.
- Successfully represented a high-level government official who avoided any criminal charges in high profile Washington, D.C. criminal investigation.
- Represented a group of former U.S. and German military personnel in the successful pursuit of claims against several of the world’s largest government contractors for injuries caused by x-ray radiation that emanated from missile defense systems produced by those manufacturers and manned by the military personnel during their service.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a major U.S. real estate developer in a challenge to a bid won by the developer for one of Maryland’s largest urban renewal projects.
- Defended the CEO of a major corporation in civil lawsuits and investigations by the Federal Trade Commission and multiple state agencies alleging unfair trade practices.
- Negotiated for the benefit of the CEO of one of Maryland’s most prominent real estate developers the acquisition of a majority stake in the corporation.
- Represented one of the United States leading computer manufacturers in several litigations to recover debts and the return of equipment from distributors and customers.
- AV Preeminent rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2013-23
- Maryland Super Lawyers, 2014-2020
Publications & Presentations
- “Immigration Issues You Need to Know to Make Hiring Decisions,” moderator, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce: Tourism & Hospitality Council and Law Council, March 2023
- Practical Issues for Taking Remote Depositions, West LegalEd Center, 2020
- Effective and Ethical Remote Depositions, Tampa Bay Federal Bar Association Virtual Federal Practice Seminar, 2020
- “Jump Start Your U.S. Operations,” lecturer, Har Hotzvim Lecture Series, Jerusalem, Israel, 2010
- “Electronically Stored Information: Preservation, Management, ‘Production, Use and Ethics in Civil and Criminal Cases,” presenter, Federal Bar Association, Maryland Chapter, United States District Court for the District of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, 2009
- “The Use of Electronic Search Tools and Experts in Discovery,” presenter, American Bar Association Section of Litigation Webinar, 2008
- “Electronic Discovery: Practical Solutions for Dealing with Electronically Stored Information,” presenter, Second Annual National Institute, American Bar Association Section of Litigation, Chicago, Illinois, 2008
- “Ethical and Malpractice Issues in the World of Modern Technology,” presenter, Defense Research, Institute 2007 Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., 2007
- “Dealing with New Developments in E-Discovery in State and Federal Courts,” presenter, Maryland State Bar Association Annual Bar-Bench Conference, Ocean City, Maryland, 2007
- “Electronic Discovery,” presenter, American Bar Association Section of Litigation, First Annual National Institute, Chicago, Illinois, 2007
- “E-Discovery Developments: What Every Litigator Needs to Know,” presenter, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc., Columbia, Maryland, 2006
- “Electronic Discovery and Document Retention Policies,” presenter, Maryland Association of Counties Administrators and Attorneys Fall Conference, Annapolis, Maryland, 2006
- Why Congress Shouldn’t Abrogate Section 360 Immunity, Law 360, 2021
- Taking Effective Remote Depositions, Florida Bar News, 2020
- “Q&A: A Miami attorney explains college football coronavirus liabilities,” Tampa Bay Times, June 2020
- “Effectively Using Exhibits in Remote Depositions,” Daily Business Review, June 2020
- “An ESI Primer for Foreign Companies,” Jerusalem, Israel, 2010
- “Planning and Controlling Costs in Electronic Discovery, Second Annual National Institute on Electronic Discovery: Practical Solutions for Dealing with Electronically Stored information,” American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, 2008
- “Responsibilities of Counsel in Electronic Discovery,” Prepared for Defense Research Institute Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C., 2007
- “Managing e-Discovery, Construct!,” American Bar Association Section of Litigation, 2007
- “Corporate Counsel Beware: In House Counsel Convicted of Mail Fraud,” The Daily Record, 2007
- “Admitting ESI into Evidence,” The Daily Record, 2007
- “Preparing the Preservation Letter,” The Daily Record, 2007
- “A Suggested Protocol for the Discovery of ESI„” The Daily Record, 2007
- “Responsibilities of Counsel in Electronic Discovery,” The Daily Record, 2007
- “ESI: Consider it Carefully,” The Daily Record, 2007
- “Rule 37(1): Avoiding Sanctions for the Loss of ESI,” The Daily Record, 2006
- “Quick-Peeks, Claw Backs and the Preservation of Privilege; Rule 26(b)(5)(B) Provides a Way to Get Evidence Back, But Doesn’t Address Waiver,” The Daily Record, 2006
- “Rules 33 and 34: The Form of Production for ESI,” The Daily Record, 2006
- “Rule 26(b)(2): When ESI is Not Reasonably Accessible; Amendments Establish a ‘Two Tier” System,” The Daily Record, 2006
- “Rule 26(f): Meet and confer, Early attention is Critical to Obtaining a Favorable ESI Discovery Order,” The Daily Record, 2006
- “The Rules on ESI Are About to Change,” The Daily Record, 2006
- “Insulating the Corporation from Potential Liability (Part One),” The Daily Record, 2006
- “Insulating the Corporation from Potential Liability: Not All Companies’ Compliance Programs Are Created Equal (Part Two),” The Daily Record, 2006
- “Insulating the Corporation from Potential Liability: Internal investigations Call For Careful Planning and Handling (Part Three),” The Daily Record, 2006
- “Insulating the Corporation from Potential Liability: Disclosure in a Post-McNulty World (Part Four),” The Daily Record, 2006
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Board of Governors, 2022
- Chair, Law Council, 2022
- Board of Governors, 2021-Present
- Civil Service Commission, Baltimore, Maryland, president, 2002-04
- Employees Retirement System, Baltimore, Maryland, trustee, 2000-02
- AIPAC, Washington Club