Asghar Syed seeks to assist clients by using commercial litigation and other dispute resolution tools to achieve positive outcomes to contested matters. Dedicated to creative problem solving and to outside-of-the box thinking, Asghar strives to be both thorough and aggressive on behalf of his clients and throughout all stages of the litigation process.
Asghar has prosecuted and defended a wide range of legal claims such as high-stakes fraud, environmental and corporate governance disputes. He focuses on helping healthcare clients anticipate and address disputed matters. Asghar also represents employers faced with charges of discrimination or retaliation and assists management in developing and implementing policies and procedures that are designed to reduce the company’s exposure to the risks associated with workplace disputes.
Asghar’s passion for public service and community initiatives led him to help launch TEDxJacksonville. He stays heavily engaged with the Jacksonville legal and business community through his service on the board of governors for the Jacksonville Bar Association and the board of directors for the Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville.
- Florida Trend, “Up & Comer,” 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2019-20
- Jacksonville Business Journal, “40 under 40”, 2017
- University of Florida
- Book award in legal drafting
- Honors in legal research & writing
- Jacksonville Bar Association, board of governors, 2017-present
- The Chester Bedell Inn of Court
- JAXUSA Partnership, business development committee, 2016-17
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, board of directors, 2017-present
- Leadership Jacksonville, class of 2018
- Muslim Leadership Institute, Cohort IV
- Riverside Avondale Preservation, board member, 2015-16
- TEDxJacksonville, co-founder and board member, 2012-15