Asghar Syed is a litigator and advisor to businesses of all kinds, including those in the healthcare, education, and insurance sectors. Dedicated to creative problem solving, Asghar strives to be both thorough and aggressive throughout all stages of a contested dispute.
Asghar’s practice focuses on complex business litigation and employment litigation. Asghar has prosecuted and defended a wide range of legal claims including high-stakes fraud, contract, business tort, and corporate governance disputes. He has also represented employers and public accommodations in the context of restrictive covenant, compensation, discrimination, accommodation, and retaliation disputes.
Asghar practices in state and federal court and has been named a Florida Trend “Legal Elite” and a Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star.”
With a passion for public service and community initiatives, Asghar helped launch TEDxJacksonville and serves on the board of governors for the Jacksonville Bar Association and the board of directors for the Baptist Health System.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2022-23
- Florida Trend, “Up & Comer,” 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2019-20
- Jacksonville Business Journal, “40 under 40”, 2017
- University of Florida
- Book award in legal drafting
- Honors in legal research & writing
- “How the Individual Freedom Act Affects Nonprofit Employers,” presenter, Florida Nonprofit Alliance (FNA), June 2022
- Jacksonville Bar Association, board of governors, 2017-present
- The Chester Bedell Inn of Court
- JAXUSA Partnership, business development committee, 2016-17
- Baptist Health System, board of directors, 2020-present
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, board of directors, 2017-present
- Leadership Jacksonville, class of 2018
- Muslim Leadership Institute, Cohort IV
- Riverside Avondale Preservation, board member, 2015-16
- TEDxJacksonville, co-founder and board member, 2012-15