Ashley Englund is an associate in Gunster’s Business Litigation practice.
Ashley strives to think creatively when developing solutions for clients. She collaborates with attorneys across offices and practice areas in an effort to problem solve and create practical, effective solutions for the firm’s clients.
Ashley earned her Juris Doctor from Florida State University College of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Flagler College, where she also graduated magna cum laude.
Ashley has a passion for volunteering with animal rights groups. She was a member of the Animal Legal Defense Fund, FSU Chapter, and volunteered with Pets Ad Litem, Inc., providing animals with a legal voice.
Prior to law school, Ashley gained experience as a litigation assistant at the oldest law firm in St. Augustine, FL.
When not practicing law, Ashley trains in mixed martial arts and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Florida State University Moot Court Team, Jeffrey G. Miller National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, first place, 2020
- The Florida Bar, Animal Law Section, Law Student Achievement Award, 2020
- Eighth Annual Animal Law Writing Competition, first place, 2019-20
- Animal Legal Defense Fund (ALDF) – Florida State University Chapter, vice president
- 2018 ALDF student chapter of the year
- “Courtroom Canines are Leading Courtroom Accommodation for Children” co-author, The Florida Bar Journal, 2021
- “The Animal Law Section Supports Anti-Shark Finning 2020 Legislation,” co-author, The Paw Review, Winter 2020
- The Florida Bar, Animal Law Section, executive council, 2020-present
- Jacksonville Bar Association, 2020-present
- Florida State University Law Review
- Articles editor, Fall 2019- Spring 2020
- Staff editor, Fall 2018- Spring 2019
- Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law, Spring 2018-Spring 2020
- Sustainable Law Society – FSU College of Law, co-founder 2018