Ben Fechter is an associate in Gunster’s business litigation practice. He focuses his practice on various business torts and breach of contract disputes at the federal, state, and local levels, assisting individuals and businesses of all sizes.
His case work includes real estate developments, fraudulent transfers in bankruptcy court, public record disclosures, legal malpractice claims, breaches of contract, and probate litigation. Ben has experience arguing for clients in court, participating in mediations and depositions, drafting complaints, motions, subpoenas, and letters to clients and client customers, and overseeing all levels of discovery, including document review and production, researching and analyzing law.
Ben is passionate about advocating for others. He strives to prioritize relationships, and focuses on collaborating with clients and colleagues while attempting to find the best solutions to complex issues.
Ben is actively involved in the community. In 2019, he was appointed to the Palm Beach County Bar’s Judicial Relations Committee and the Professionalism Committee, for which he has published material on developing a reputation for professionalism. Having previously served as a board member for the Young Lawyer Section in Palm Beach County, Ben is now a member of the Broward County Bar’s Young Lawyers Section.
While earning his law degree, Ben was a member of the Florida Law Review and Florida Trial Team. He interned with the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida, the Legal Aid Society in New York City, and the civil rights defense group, LatinoJustice, in New York City. Prior to launching on his legal career, Ben spent three years working in middle schools in Bronx, NY.
- Articles Editor, The Florida Law Review
- Florida Trial Team Advocate and 2018 Chester Bedell Mock Trial Competition Champion
- Book Award: Interviewing, Counseling & Negotiation
- Book Award: Trial Practice
- Dean’s Leadership Award, UF Law, 2018
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Professionalism Committee, 2019-present
- Judicial Relations Committee, 2019-present
- Young Lawyers Section, 2018-present
- Florence De George Boys and Girls Club, 2018-2020