Chris Benvenuto joined Gunster in 2003 and focuses his practice on resolving complex business, real estate, and property rights issues. Chris frequently represents clients in obtaining and defending land use and development approvals, real estate litigation matters, commercial landlord/tenant disputes, property tax challenges, eminent domain issues, and general property rights matters.
Chris is also an experienced commercial litigator who has successfully handled a wide variety of business disputes in state and federal courts, administrative proceedings, and AAA and FINRA arbitrations. Chris has represented Fortune 100 companies, residential and commercial developers, wireless telecommunication companies, financial institutions, manufacturers, and other diverse businesses in matters involving breach of contract, business torts, employment disputes, intellectual property issues, and general real estate and property rights matters.
Chris was born and raised in West Palm Beach and has served on the boards of numerous civic and charitable organizations throughout Palm Beach County. He received his undergraduate degree in finance, his master’s degree in real estate, and his law degree all from the University of Florida.
Chris currently resides in Palm Beach Gardens with his wife and two sons.
- Lead counsel representing developer in defense of comprehensive plan consistency challenge and won final summary judgment against plaintiffs (affirmed on appeal)
- Lead counsel representing developer of wireless cell tower and obtained writ of certiorari quashing development order that was improperly obtained by business competitor
- Lead counsel representing luxury yacht manufacturer in trademark infringement and ownership dispute and won final summary judgment against plaintiff
- Lead counsel representing global wireless cell tower company and won final summary judgment and recovery of client’s legal fees in wrongful commercial eviction
- Lead counsel representing developer of beachfront condominium tower and obtained dismissal with prejudice of plaintiff’s lawsuit challenging client’s development approval
- Handled oral argument and won $26 million final summary judgment on behalf of hedge fund in real estate litigation matter (affirmed on appeal)
- Represented owner of commercial property in eminent domain matter and obtained seven-figure jury verdict against condemning authority
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Land Use & Zoning Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” in West Palm Beach, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Land Use & Zoning Law, Land Use & Zoning Litigation, 2020-22
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2009-12
- Palm Beach Illustrated, “Top Lawyers,” Land Use and Zoning Law, 2021
- Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Leadership Florida
- Connect Florida, Class VII, 2016-17
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Board of Trustees, 2014-18
- Honda Classic Ambassador’s Club, 2013-present
- Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches
- Board of Directors, 2011-13
- Leadership Palm Beach County
- Class of 2012