Chris Benvenuto joined Gunster in 2003 and focuses his practice on resolving complex business, real estate, and property rights issues. Chris frequently represents clients in real estate litigation matters, obtaining and defending land use and zoning approvals, commercial lease disputes, property tax challenges, eminent domain issues, and general property rights matters.
Chris also advises his clients on the day-to-day issues affecting their business and helps develop creative solutions to resolve disputes. When matters cannot be resolved amicably, Chris is an experienced litigator who has successfully handled a wide variety of matters in state and federal courts, administrative proceedings, and AAA and FINRA arbitrations. Chris has represented Fortune 100 companies, small and medium-sized businesses, residential and commercial developers, wireless telecommunication companies, financial institutions, manufacturers, and other diverse businesses in matters involving breach of contract, business torts, employment disputes, and general real estate and property rights issues.
Chris was born and raised in West Palm Beach and has served on the boards of numerous civic and charitable organizations throughout Palm Beach County. He received his undergraduate degree in finance, his master’s degree in real estate, and his law degree all from the University of Florida.
Chris currently resides in Palm Beach Gardens with his wife and two sons.
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2009-12
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Golden Key National
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Leadership Florida
- Connect Florida, Class VII, 2016-17
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Board of Trustees, 2014-18
- Honda Classic Ambassador’s Club, 2013-present
- Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches
- Board of Directors, 2011-13
- Leadership Palm Beach County
- Class of 2012