Daniel Hanley is a shareholder who joined the firm in 1974. Dan represents clients in all types of private wealth services and estate planning matters.
Dan has served as the chair of Gunster’s Private Wealth Services practice since 1990. He combines his practical experience from decades of practice to provide clients with a comprehensive, customized approach to their matters.
Dan has represented wealthy individual clients and corporate fiduciaries in connection with the planning and administration of large estates and trusts, including estate and trust litigation support if needed. Dan has substantial experience in planning, drafting and administering large, complex estates and trusts where a depth of knowledge, judgment and skill is required.
Dan is an AV Rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and is Florida board certified as a specialist in wills, trusts and estates law. He has also been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer, as well as listed in The Best Lawyers in America. Dan is active in local estate planning councils and charitable organizations.
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-16
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Trusts & Estates, 2008-20
- Palm Beach Illustrated, "Top Lawyers," Trusts and Estates, 2018
- “Elective Share,” Basic Practice under The Florida Probate Code, a Florida Bar CLE publication
- Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce, board of directors, 2015-18
- Florida Bar
- Board certified in Wills, Trusts & Estates, 1986
- Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- American Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- East Coast Estate Planning Council
- Palm Beach County Estate Planning Council
- Planned Giving Council of Palm Beach County
- The Salvation Army of Palm Beach County, advisory board member, 2013-present
- Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League, board member, 2011-present
- Palm Healthcare Foundation, Planned Giving Committee, chair, 2009-present
- Palm Beach Atlantic University, board of trustees, 1992-present
- Advisors for Philanthropic Impact, director, 2013
- Palm Beach Day School, secretary and board of trustees, 1989-05
- Palm Beach Community Chest/United Way, president, 1988-90