Dan Mackler is a shareholder who joined the firm in 1994. He co-chairs Gunster's Real Property practice. A true lawyer through and through, he advises on all aspects of real property acquisition, financing, development and leasing. He provides comprehensive legal counsel to owners, developers, lenders, hotel owners/operators, construction companies, real estate brokers and property management companies, among others, with respect to all types of commercial property. Dan is known for his ability to overcome even the most complex obstacles, as well as to keep the focus of all parties on closing the deal at hand, a skill his clients have come to value tremendously.
Dan provides legal counsel in connection with the acquisition, development, financing and disposition of office, residential, retail, hotel and agricultural properties, including industrial/office parks, mixed-use projects, large residential developments, high rise condominiums and large tracts of agricultural land. He also advises both landlords and tenants in connection with all types of commercial leasing transactions including ground leases, multi-tenant leases and build-to-suit leases for retail, office and industrial projects. Dan has also been involved in the purchase, sale and financing of agricultural properties involving amounts in excess of $1,000,000,000.00.
Dan advises hotel/resort developers and owners in the acquisition, financing, management, operation and disposition of hotel/resort properties. Dan also represents institutional lenders for real estate acquisition loans, construction financing and credit enhancements, including primary and mezzanine financing and land banking arrangements.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2011-20
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2014-15
- South Florida Business Journal "Power Leaders in Commercial Real Estate," 2014-15
- South Florida Business Journal "2011 Heavy Hitter in Commercial Real Estate"
- Daily Business Review "2011 Top Dealmaker of the Year"
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- South Florida top transactional attorney, The Legal 500 US, 2008
- “Top Real Estate Lawyers,” Real Estate Florida, 2008
- The US Legal 500, Real Estate and Construction: Florida: Transactions & Finance
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Urban Land Institute
- Beacon Council, board of directors