Darlene Barron is an associate in Gunster’s Real Estate practice. Darlene is involved in the acquisition, disposition, development and financing of real estate including office, residential, retail, hotel and industrial and mixed-use projects, as well as large residential and condominium developments. She also works with the firm’s landlord and tenant clients on their commercial leasing transactions for retail, office and other real estate projects.
Darlene holds an engineering degree in materials science, and is registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Prior to becoming an attorney, Darlene worked with corporate clients in the telecommunications industry for over a decade. As a strategic account manager with AT&T/Teleport Communications Group, Darlene worked with AT&T’s major account teams to deliver SONET Ring disaster recovery solutions to AT&T major and global accounts. In addition, as an agent channel manager and business development manager, Darlene worked with agents and referral endorsers to deliver voice and data networks to midsized and large corporate accounts.
In each of these positions, Darlene interacted with corporate counsel in structuring agent and end user agreements. Darlene also advised clients in filing complaints with the Public Service Commission. Darlene’s business background and her prior sales and analytical experience help her advise clients on their complex real estate matters.
- Nova Law Review, 2011-13
- High Grade Awards: Banking Law; Corporate Finance; Criminal Procedure; Wills & Trusts; Civil Pre-Trial Practice; Business Entities
- Merit Scholarship Recipient: Corning Foundation; Ferro Corporation; Admission Committee, Shepard Broad Law Center, NSU
- Tau Beta Pi, National Engineering Honor Society
- Keramos, National Ceramic Engineering Honor Fraternity
- “A Look at the Proposed Electronic Communications Privacy Act Amendments Act of 2011: Where is Smart Grid Technology and How Does Inevitable Discovery Apply?,” 36 Nova L. Rev. 521 (2012)
- Broward County Bar Association
- Probate & Trust Law Section
- Trial Practice Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- Litigation Section
- American Ceramic Society, Student Chapter, 1988-91