David Garcia-Pedrosa has experience in a wide range of litigation matters representing both plaintiffs and defendants at the pre-litigation, trial, and appellate level in state and federal court. David strives to find creative solutions to complex problems. Clients value David’s ability to identify and execute effective strategies for achieving them.
David’s practice focuses on business, commercial, real estate and construction litigation, and he has represented clients in an array of matters, including contract and tort claims, shareholder disputes, adversary bankruptcy proceedings, and developer and condominium association disputes.
David also advises clients on pre-litigation strategy and represents clients in all aspects of litigation. His goal is to use a client-focused approach, creativity and attention to detail to help his clients achieve desirable outcomes.
David returned to Miami, where he was born and raised, after earning his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center. Prior to joining Gunster, David was with an international law firm where he represented owners and developers of residential, commercial and mixed-use real estate development projects in real estate litigation, real estate development and contract disputes. David began his practice at an international litigation law firm, where he represented clients in complex and high-risk commercial litigation, multidistrict product liability litigation, and consumer class actions.
- Represented co-founder of cryptocurrency blockchain company to recover damages for fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, conversion, and civil theft of cryptocurrency and novel technology.
- Represented developers of condominiums, market rate rental projects, and multi-use development projects.
- Defended significant real estate interests for prominent real estate developers in Florida.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in nation-wide class action products liability matters.
- Defended a charitable foundation against a campaign of complex probate and civil litigation, resulting in a $100 million settlement for the foundation.
- Represented plaintiffs in an international dispute against a foreign sovereign government, which reversed summary judgment order for heirs of a Holocaust survivor to recover a famous painting expropriated by the Nazis.
- Defended a multibillion-dollar website in civil claims against it and its investors.
- Consulted with clients on the business and investment opportunities in Cuba with particular regard to the effect of the U.S. embargo on Cuba, the Cuban Assets Control Regulations, and various U.S. executive orders.
- Florida Bar Association, 2015-present