David George is dedicated to serving as an effective advocate and aggressive litigator. His experience includes both federal and state court claims. For the past 25 years, David has represented individuals, small and large businesses, Fortune 500 Companies and pension funds in a wide variety of matters including complex commercial litigation, employment cases, real estate based litigation and consumer and securities class actions. David strives to defend cases like he is prosecuting them, with a focus on working relentlessly to accomplish his clients’ goals.
Prior to joining Gunster, David spent more than a decade as a senior shareholder in the largest class action firm in the world. David’s cases resulted in the recovery of hundreds of millions of dollars for scores of clients, ranging from individuals to multi-billion dollar pension funds, with those recoveries benefitting tens of thousands of people.
Today, David draws upon his past class action experience to defend those targeted in class actions. His knowledge of such cases helps him assist his clients in navigating the many complex issues involved in high stakes class actions.
David has also represented clients in hundreds of commercial litigation matters throughout his career. He prides himself in working with clients of all sizes, from sole proprietors and entrepreneurs, to small and mid-sized companies, to Taft-Hartley and Public Pension funds and public companies. David is personally committed to and believes in learning about each client’s business from the inside out in order to help accomplish their objectives.
- Counsel to individuals and companies of varying sized in consumer class action matters.
- Lead counsel to Taft-Hartley pension funds in numerous class actions.
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- In 2007, David was the only plaintiffs’ counsel named one of Florida’s “Most Effective Corporate Securities/Lawyers” by the Daily Business Review
- American Bar Association, 2004-present
- Florida Bar Association, 1991-present
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 1991-present
- Wellington Chamber of Commerce, 2015-16
- Wellington recreation soccer, 2005-16