Eric Edison is a shareholder, who has experience litigating complex commercial litigation actions including breach of contract, business torts, banking and financial institution litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, unfair trade practices, landlord-tenant, probate, employment and real property litigation before circuit, appellate, and federal courts throughout the State of Florida. He also has managed and defended claims against Broward County municipalities, Florida’s largest independent institution of higher education, and represented public officials before the Florida Elections Commission.
Eric has done work for Fortune 500 companies and some of the nation’s largest financial institutions. As a native of South Florida, his clients also include some of South Florida’s most well-known restaurants, as well as small businesses that include laundromats, law firms, real estate developers, and internet companies. Eric often serves as local counsel for out-of-state firms in state and federal litigation.
Eric has the distinction of being recognized by his peers as one of the “40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida” by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers.
- J.J.K International, Inc. v. Shivbaran, 985 So.2d 66 (Fla. 4th DCA 2008)
- Feuer v. Nova Southeastern University, 991 So. 2d 863 (Fla. 2d DCA 2008)
- Indian Creek Holdings, LLC v. Regions Bank, 20 So. 2d 858 (Fla. 3d DCA 2009)
- Ali v. Royal Palm Miami Holdings, WL 959913 (S.D. Fla. 2009)
- Northwood SG, LLC v. BuilderFinancial Corporation, 76 So. 3d 3(Fla. 4th DCA 2011)
- Branch Banking & Trust Company v. Malabar Development, LLC, 2011 WL 13298707 (S.D. Fla. 2011)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, “40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida,” 2015
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Stars,” 2012-17
- Florida Trend, Florida “Legal Elite Up & Comers”, 2010- 12
- Broward County Bar Association
- Temple Solel, board of directors
- Past president