Eric is experienced in a wide variety of real estate, leasing, joint venture and financing matters. His practice is focused on representing real estate developers in the acquisition, sale, and development of shopping centers, and related leases with national and regional retail tenants. Eric has represented landlords in retail leases to many of the nation’s leading banking, fitness, pharmacy, grocery, fast food, clothing, automotive, beauty supply and pet supply chains. In addition, Eric has over 10 years of experience in complex office leasing and has represented some of the largest national office building owners in the United States.
Eric also regularly handles acquisitions and sales of office buildings, warehouses, industrial properties, and apartments, and has represented real estate owners as borrowers in financing transactions with portfolio lenders, conduit lenders, and life insurance companies, including complex syndications and participated loans.
Finally, Eric has represented institutional lenders in loan originations, note sales, loan workouts, forbearance agreements and foreclosures.
- "2018 Owners & Managers Council," featured panelist, South East Florida Apartment Association
- "Face Off Session: Current Legal Issues in Leasing and Landlord-Tenant Relations," International Council of Shopping Centers, South Florida Idea Exchange: Let’s Make A Deal, November 2014
- "Special Industry Group Session: Legal Industry — Issues, Successes and Challenges," International Council of Shopping Centers, Florida Conference: We’re Back and Picking Up Speed, August 2013
- "Finding a Fair Middle Ground," panel discussion, ICSC Broward Next Generation Breakfast Program, February 2012
- "Taking the Mystery Out of the SNDA: What You Need to Know," roundtable, International Council of Shopping Centers, South Florida Idea Exchange, November 2011
- "Common Leasing Mistakes Causing Problems on Sales and Refinancing: Focus on Co-Tenancy and Exclusives," roundtables, International Council of Shopping Centers, South Florida Idea Exchange, November 2010; and RECON, May 2011
- International Council of Shopping Centers, 2008-present
- Planning Committee, ICSC South Florida Idea Exchange, 2009-present
- Urban Land Institute, 2011-present
- HANDY, Inc., board of directors, 2009-2015
- Leadership Broward Class XXVIII (Strong), 2009
- Leadership Fort Lauderdale Class XV, 2008