EJ Cox was born and raised in Palm Beach County and returned home to join Gunster in 2016. As part of the professional liability practice, EJ defends lawyers and accountants against professional negligence claims in Florida’s state and federal courts.
EJ graduated summa cum laude from Florida State University College of Law in 2016. While attending Florida State, EJ was a member of the Florida State Law Review and Chief Justice of the Student Government Supreme Court.
- Palm Beach Illustrated, “Top Lawyers,” Business Litigation, 2018
- Florida State University Law Review
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Legislation and Regulation Book Award
- Corporations Book Award
- Conflict of Laws Book Award
- Business Entity Tax Book Award
- “A Crash Course in Malpractice Claims arising from Estate Planning and Administration,” American Bar Association Standing Committee on Lawyers’ Professional Liability, Young Professional’s Event, June 6, 2019
- “Lawyers, what are they good for? Quite a bit actually…land planning and the unlicensed practice of law,” Treasure Coast Section of the American Planning Association Florida Chapter 2018 Annual Conference, September 13, 2018