Frank Anthony Florio is a business litigation attorney at Gunster’s Fort Lauderdale office. Prior to joining Gunster, Frank worked at one of Miami’s premier commercial litigation and class action law firms; served as a judicial intern for United States Magistrate Judge Edwin G. Torres; and clerked in the Major Crimes Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida.
As a former Division 1 baseball player at both Stetson University and Tulane University, Frank understands the roles that focus, perseverance, and teamwork play in accomplishing goals. He brings those attributes to every case with a goal of serving the client’s best interests and serving the legal profession at large. During his time as a litigator, Frank has represented clients in commercial real estate disputes, partnership dissolutions, business interruption insurance, and medical service class actions.
Foundationally, Frank views the practice of law as a service profession, which influences how he approaches each individual client. This perspective also drives Frank to serve those in need in the community. For the last three years Frank has represented foster youth as attorney ad litem in dependency cases and contributes his time to mentoring children and young adults.
Frank attended the University of Miami School of Law where he argued the matter of Colesha Cormier v. Florida Department of Children and Families to Florida’s Third District Court of Appeal. During his collegiate baseball career, Frank served on the Student Athletic Advisory Council at Stetson University and Tulane University. After college, Frank played two years of independent professional baseball for the Trinidad Triggers in Trinidad, Colorado and for the Highland Greys in Highland, Illinois.
- Class action counsel for a major Florida hospital
- Class action counsel for patients denied proton beam radiation therapy for cancer treatment
- Represented restaurants in federal business interruption lawsuits against insurance companies stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Child Advocacy Pro Bono Champion Award from Dade Legal Aid, 2020
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section, Board of Directors, 2022-present
- Federal Bar Association, 2019-present
- Federalist Society, 2019-present
- Cuban American Bar Association, 2019-present
Civic & Community Service
- Miami-Dade Legal Aid Leadership Academy Fellow, present
- Miami-Dade Legal Aid Foundation, Board Member, 2022-present
- Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies of Broward County, Board Member, 2022-present
- Kozyak Minority Mentoring Foundation, Mentor, 2019-present
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Mentor, 2020-present
- Care Elementary School, Mentor