Frederick Brackin focuses his practice on personal and business tax related matters. Freddie assists clients with federal income taxes, federal wealth transfer taxes (estate, gift and generation skipping transfer taxes), as well as corporate and partnership tax matters. He counsels clients on how to successfully deal with complex tax issues so that they may save as much money as possible.
Freddie also provides counsel to clients on issues relating to ERISA and employee benefits law. This includes advising businesses on matters of deferred and equity compensation for their employees.
Freddie works closely with clients to develop detailed strategies, that when implemented work to best meet the client’s specific goals.
Freddie currently serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Miami School of Law in the Heckerling Graduate Program in Estate Planning (LLM) where he assists in teaching Partnership and Subchapter S Corporation Taxation.
- Dean’s list, Mississippi College School of Law, 2012 and 2013
- “Be in the Know: Highlights of Executive Compensation for Employment Agreements and Tax Considerations in Employment Law,” Florida Bar, 2019
- “Subchapter K v. S. in Estate Planning,” Fort Lauderdale Probate And Pumpernickel Seminar, 2019
- “To ESOP or Not To ESOP” Daszkal Bolton LLP, 2019
- “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Summary,” Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Council, 2017
- “Section 2704 Planning Implications,” Community Foundation of Broward, 2016
- “The Devolution of Section 2704; The Proposed Regulations Forged in Mordor,” United Way of Broward County, 2016
- Adjunct professor, University of Miami School of Law, LLM Curriculum, Partnership and Subchapter S Corporation Taxation, Fall 2017-present
- American Bar Association
- Taxation Section
- Real Property, Trust and Estate Section
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Business Alliance, Entrepreneurship Council, member, 2019-present
- Planned Giving Council of Broward
- Treasurer, 2018-present
- Board of directors, 2017–present
- Annual Joint Tax and Estate Planning Seminar – Jewish Federation, United Way and Community Foundation of Broward: Steering Committee, 2018–present
- Estate Planning Council of Broward County, member, 2017–present
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Area Tax Council, member, 2016-present
- Mission First Legal Aid Tax Clinic, volunteer, 2012
- St. Joseph Catholic School, assistant coach, 2010-14