Glenn Waldman has been practicing law primarily in Florida's state and federal courts (including appellate courts) for nearly four decades. His engagements usually involve substantial business disputes involving mid-to-large-cap entities, including Fortune 500 companies, their officers, other executives and board members, as well as high net worth individuals and professionals. His litigation practice blends his experience as a commercial arbitrator and mediator, where he seeks to achieve optimal results quickly and efficiently.
Glenn holds the maximum rating "AV" (pre-eminent) by the Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory. An "AV" rating indicates that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence, has practiced law for many years, and is recognized by his peers (lawyers and judges) for the highest levels of skill and integrity. He is similarly rated the maximum 10.0 ("Superb") by the AVVO ratings guide.
In addition to his complex commercial litigation practice, Glenn is a long-standing certified mediator (state and federal court) and arbitrator (certified by the American Arbitration Association, American Health Lawyers Association, AIDA Reinsurance and Insurance Arbitration Society, International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution, and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority). He devotes a substantial amount of his practice to serve as a mediator and arbitrator in a broad range of commercial disputes, including general contract and business matters, large payer/provider health care disputes, intellectual property claims, shareholder and employment disputes (including restrictive covenants), real estate and construction, and probate and estate disputes.
Glenn also serves as an expert witness on issues of claims for, or defenses to, attorneys' fees and, separately, the standard of care for attorneys in Florida in matters of professional liability.
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” 2004-20
- Super Lawyers (including Business Litigation Lawyers), 2007-20
- “AV” (pre-eminent) by the Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory, 2003-20
- Rated the maximum 10.0 (“Superb”) by the AVVO ratings guide 2006-20
- America’s Top 100 LLC distinction as one of America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, 2020
- "Federal Court Sanctions Against Attorneys Under 28 U.S.C. 1927 – the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals Attempts to Divide the Standard for Multiplying the Proceedings in Bad Faith," The Florida Bar Journal, January 2007
- "Dead Man Talking – Requiem for Summary Judgment Under Florida’s 'Dead Man’s' Statute," The Florida Bar Journal, April 2004
- "Voire Dire Necessities – The Florida Supreme Clarifies When Trial Counsel’s Investigation of the Venire Must be Undertaken," The Florida Bar Journal, October 2002
- "The Florida Franchise Act – Protection for the In-State Franchisor or Out-Of-State Franchisee?," The Florida Bar Journal, November 1999
- "The Shareholders’ Agreement – Don’t Leave Your P.A. Without It," The Florida Bar Journal, October, 1997
- "Can We Talk? Communicating With Former Employees of an Adverse Party in Litigation," The Florida Bar Journal, October 1994
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, The Florida Bar, 2020-present
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Board of Trustees of the Law Center Association, 2011-present
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Board Member, Environmental & Land Use Law Program Advisory Board, 2010-present
- Fourth District Court of Appeal, Chair, Judicial Nominating Commission, 2010-14
- South Florida Water Management District, Governing Board Member, 2010-15
- State Attorney for the Prosecution of Economic Crimes, Eleventh Judicial Circuit Special Assistant, 1995-96
- The Florida Bar, Chair, Eleventh Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, 1991-94