A member of the Business Litigation practice group, Greg Pierson strives to develop creative, successful strategies that are tailored to clients’ business objectives and needs.
Greg brings valuable insight from two federal clerkships to the Business Litigation practice group. Before joining Gunster, he worked as a law clerk to the Honorable Charlene E. Honeywell of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. He also clerked previously for the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachevich, former Chief Judge of the Middle District of Florida. As a law clerk, Greg worked on a variety of cases, including complex business disputes, and assisted the judges with jury trials, bench trials, case management, bankruptcy appeals, and resolving dispositive and nondispositive motions.
Greg graduated cum laude from Stetson University College of Law. While serving on the editorial board of Stetson Law Review as Assistant Research Editor, he received the Outstanding Editor Award, and his note was selected for publication. Greg also competed nationally and internationally on Stetson’s Moot Court Board. His team received a best brief award and finished as a national octofinalist in the prestigious NYC Bar Association National Moot Court Competition. Greg served as a research assistant to Professor Louis J. Virelli III as well.
Since joining the Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association—one of the nation’s most active chapters—in 2018, Greg has held numerous roles in the Chapter, including co-chair of both the Young Lawyers Division and the Mentoring Program.
- Stetson Law Review Outstanding Editor Award, 2015
- Best Brief Award, Region V, 2015 NYC Bar Association National Moot Court Competition
- National Octofinalist, 2015 NYC Bar Association National Moot Court Competition
- Second Place, 2014 Carlton Fields First-Year Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Finalist, 2014 Phi Alpha Delta 1L Closing Argument Competition
Publications & Presentations
- Striking Down the Impervious Shields: Why Caveat Emptor Must Be Abandoned in Commercial Real Property Sales and Leases, 47 STETSON L. REV. 111, 2017
- Are Jurisdiction Determinations Final Agency Action? Army Corps Takes the Circuit Split to an Eight-Member Supreme Court, WATER QUALITY AND WETLANDS COMMITTEE NEWL., (ABA Section Env’t, Energy, and Resources), June 2016, at 14
- Co-Moderator, The Mentor-Mentee Relationship: Keys to Success, March 2022
- Presenter, YLD Member of the Year Award, Tampa Bay Chapter of the Federal Bar Association Annual Membership Luncheon, December 2021
Professional Associations & Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar Association, 2020-present
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter, 2018-present
- Co-Chair, Mentoring Program, 2022
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Division, 2021
- Co-Chair, Social Media and Technology, 2021
- Chair, Swearing-In Ceremonies, 2020
- Member, Staying in the Game Committee, 2020
- Member, Young Lawyers Division Committee, 2019-20
- Florida Bar Association, 2016-present