Jacquie Thomas joined Gunster in 2016 as an associate in the firm’s Jacksonville office. Prior to joining Gunster, Jacquie served for two years as a law clerk to the Honorable Harvey E. Schlesinger of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Jacquie earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from Florida State University College of Law, where she was elected Order of the Coif and served as Editor-in-Chief of the Florida State University Law Review during the 2013–14 school year.
Jacquie’s past experiences have prepared her to strive to be a focused counselor, litigator, and advocate to her clients at Gunster. Jacquie seeks to think creatively about every potential outcome of a given legal issue, and she is committed to being detail oriented without losing sight of the overall picture. Jacquie believes in an intellectually practical and collaborative approach to the practice of law.
- Florida State University, Order of the Coif
- Florida State University, Phi Beta Kappa
- The Failure and Future of Lake Okeechobee Water Releases: A Quasi-Governmental Solution, 42 Fla. St. U. L. Rev. 285, 2014
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, associate, 2015-present
- Federal Bar Association, 2014-present
- Jacksonville Bar Association, 2014–15, 2016-present