James M. Crowley is a shareholder who joined the firm in 2004.
Jamie represents developers and property owners on a wide range of development projects that require approval from local, county and state regulatory agencies.
Jamie has worked on large scale planned development, public-private partnership and urban infill projects throughout Florida, but focuses his practice on South Florida. His work on development projects often begins during the due diligence phase and continues throughout the entitlement process. Jamie represents Gunster’s clients at public hearings before planning and zoning boards, architectural review boards, historic preservation boards, municipal councils and county commissions in connection with applications for new site plans or site plan amendments, rezonings, comprehensive plan amendments, annexations and plan approval. Jamie is knowledgeable in Florida’s Public Records and Government in the Sunshine Laws. He assists entities that conduct business with government agencies by negotiating confidentiality agreements for production of confidential or proprietary records that are exempt from public disclosure.
Jamie also has significant litigation experience in the fields of administrative appeals, eminent domain/takings litigation, including claims arising under the Bert J. Harris Private Property Rights Protection Act, complex business litigation, and securities litigation.
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2013-15
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Land Use and Zoning Law, 2021-22
- Palm Beach Illustrated, “Top Lawyers,” Land Use and Zoning Law, 2021
- “United States Open Government Laws: FOIA, FACA and the Federal Government in the Sunshine Law,” State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice Certification Course, The Florida Bar, 2010
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Planning Congress
- American Bar Association
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Fort Lauderdale’s Finest Gala, Executive Planning Committee