Jamison Evert is an associate in Gunster’s West Palm Beach office and a member of the Private Wealth Services and Dispute Resolution practice groups.
Jamie concentrates his practice in the areas of probate, trust, and guardianship litigation and appeals arising from probate, trust, and guardianship proceedings. He represents beneficiaries, creditors, and individual and corporate fiduciaries involved in complex and disputed estate, trust, and guardianship matters, including prosecuting and defending will and trust contests, breach of fiduciary duty claims, petitions to determine incapacity, and actions to construe, modify, and reform wills and trusts. Jamie also advises personal representatives, trustees, and guardians on their legal obligations and counsels them to avoid litigation and manage risk.
Jamie is an active member of The Florida Bar and the Palm Beach County Bar Association. He currently chairs the Probate/Guardianship Practice Committee of the Palm Beach County Bar Association and serves as a member of the Estate/Probate CLE Committee. He also serves as a member of the Probate Law and Procedure Committee and the Probate and Trust Litigation Committee of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar.
Jamie is a frequent speaker on probate, trust, and guardianship topics and a co-author of the “Intestate Succession” chapter of Litigation Under Florida Probate Code (Fla. Bar 10th ed. 2015).
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2017-19
- Dean’s Distinguished Service Award, University of Mississippi School of Law
- Presidential Recognition for Leadership, University of Florida
- “Intestate Succession,” Litigation Under Florida Probate Code (Fla. Bar 10th ed. 2015), Co-author, Chapter 2
- “Separate Writings in Florida Probate Practice,” The 31st Annual Estate and Probate Seminar – Part 1, Palm Beach County Bar Association, November 15, 2013
- Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Division
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Probate and Trust Litigation Committee
- Probate Law and Procedure Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Probate/Guardianship Practice Committee, chair
- Estate/Probate CLE Committee
- Young Lawyers Section
- Florida Blue Key
- The Forum Club of the Palm Beaches
- Jordan Giving Hope Foundation