Jane W. Brown focuses her practice on advising individuals on drafting wills and trusts in an estate and income tax efficient manner. Jane strives to work with clients to preserve their values and the personal objectives of their families for years to come. Jane assists clients in preparing estate plans that aim to promote family harmony in an effort to avoid potential disputes. She works with clients in creating trusts that provide support to beneficiaries while motivating them to reach their full potential. Jane provides individuals moving from other states with advice on how to effectively change their domicile to Florida.
Jane represents individuals and institutions as personal representatives and trustees in probate and trust administrations, as well as provides advice regarding their fiduciary duties. Jane represents clients in probate court, handles creditor claims, prepares inventories, accountings and required notifications to beneficiaries. She prepares federal and state estate tax returns and income tax returns for trusts and estates. Jane also represents fiduciaries in audits with the Internal Revenue Service and nonresident estate and income tax audits where there are domicile disputes.
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Simplified and flexible planning for couples with the single QTIP trust,” Palm Beach Daily News, Estate Planning edition, 2016
- Quoted in “Market Turmoil Creates Opening to Enrich Heirs,” Wall Street Journal, Money & Investing Index, 2008
- “Estate Planning for the Sale of a Business,” Palm Beach Daily News, The Shiny Sheet, 2008
- “About Charitable Lead Trusts,” Palm Beach Daily News, The Shiny Sheet, 2006
- “Estate Planning for New Parents,” Palm Beach Daily News, The Shiny Sheet, 2005
- Quoted in “Net Worth – The Final Frontier – Estate Planning for Young Parents, Sooner, Not Later,” Palm Beach Cottage and Gardens, 2004
- “Top 10 Reasons to Update Your Estate Plan,” Palm Beach Daily News, The Shiny Sheet, 2004
- “Estate Planning With Animals in Mind,” Palm Beach Daily News, The Shiny Sheet, 2003
- Whitehall Society, Flagler Museum, chair
- Georgetown University, Alumni Admission Program
- Bethesda-by-the-Sea, Episcopal Church Women