Jessica Shapiro assists lenders, borrowers, developers, buyers and sellers with all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions. She also represents home builders in the acquisition, development and financing of land and the creation of developments governed by condominium and homeowners’ association regimes.
Notably, Jessica is skilled in advising high net-worth clients on the unique aspects of luxury residential properties. She is familiar with the particularities of waterfront and oceanfront residences, as well as horse farms and large estates in rural areas located locally in Palm Beach, Martin, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties and across the state. Jessica assists purchasers relocating to Florida from out of state, as well as executors, personal representatives and trustees liquidating large real estate assets.
On the commercial side, Jessica guides clients through all aspects of due diligence, contract negotiation, leasing and financing. She has handled multi-million dollar projects ranging from ballparks, shopping centers and malls, to hotels and office buildings. Jessica is also experienced in representing financial institutions with the origination and securitization of commercial real estate loans for shopping centers, hotels and warehouses.
Jessica began her career as an attorney for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, where she worked with lenders and borrowers of federally insured loans for apartment complexes, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Prior to joining Gunster, she worked for national and global law firms, where she represented corporate clients in a variety of financing transactions for real estate and commercial aircraft.
Jessica’s background in architecture and urban planning helps her to understand her clients’ unique real estate needs.
Jessica is originally from Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida and a former member of the Yale Women’s Varsity Golf Team. She joined Gunster in 2014.
- Journal of Law and Public Policy, executive research editor
- Teaching Assistant: Legal Research and Writing, Appellate Advocacy
- Book Award: Trial Practice
- Dean’s List
- “Biggest sale of them all: Palm Beach mansion trades for record $105 million,” Daily Business Review, July 16, 2019
- Urban Land Institute, Southeast Florida/Caribbean
- Young Leaders Group, Palm Beach County, chair, 2016-present
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Take Stock in Children Palm Beach County, board of directors, 2019-present
- Junior League of the Palm Beaches, 2015-present
- Leadership West Palm Beach, Class of 2017
- Palm Beach County Housing Summit, Steering Committee, 2017
- Palm Beach Philanthropy Tank, Advocacy Committee, 2017-18
- League of Women Voters
- Yale Club of the Palm Beaches, alumni delegate, 2016-present