Jessica Shapiro assists lenders, borrowers, developers, buyers and sellers with all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions.
She also represents home builders in the acquisition, development and financing of land and the creation of developments governed by condominium and homeowners’ association regimes.
Jessica began her career as an attorney for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, where she worked with lenders and borrowers of federally insured loans for apartment complexes, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Prior to joining Gunster, she worked for national and global law firms, where she represented corporate clients in a variety of financing transactions for real estate and commercial aircraft.
Jessica also has experience representing financial institutions with the origination and securitization of commercial real estate loans for shopping centers, hotels and warehouses. Jessica’s background in architecture and urban planning enables her to fully understand her clients’ unique real estate needs.
Jessica is originally from Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida and a former member of the Yale Women’s Varsity Golf Team. She joined Gunster in 2014.
- Journal of Law and Public Policy, executive research editor
- Teaching Assistant: Legal Research and Writing, Appellate Advocacy
- Book Award: Trial Practice
- Dean’s List
- Urban Land Institute, Southeast Florida/Caribbean
- Young Leaders Group
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women of the Palm Beaches and Treasure Coast, Programing Chair, 2017
- Urban Land Institute, Young Leaders Group, Palm Beach County, Chair, 2016-17
- Junior League of the Palm Beaches, 2015-present
- Sustainer Liaison Lead Active, 2017-18
- Leadership West Palm Beach, Class of 2017
- Palm Beach County Housing Summit, Steering Committee, 2017
- Palm Beach Philanthropy Tank, Advocacy Committee, 2017-18
- League of Women Voters
- Yale Club of the Palm Beaches