J.B. Murray’s commercial litigation skills span a broad range of business disputes. His trial experience includes shareholder disputes, corporate control battles, contractual claims, non-compete agreements, and a variety of other claims arising out of business transactions.
J.B. has been involved in several high-profile multidistrict litigation proceedings, defended civil RICO claims, and defended corporate executives in claims under the Alien Tort Statute and the Torture Victim Protection Act. In addition to appearing in various federal and state courts, J.B. has conducted arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association and JAMS/ENDISPUTE.
J.B. also represents corporate and individual fiduciaries, as well as beneficiaries of trusts and estates. He has prosecuted and defended claims involving alleged undue influence and lack of capacity, trust disputes involving alleged breaches of fiduciary duties, contested guardianship proceedings, tortious interference claims, fiduciary accountings and disputes regarding the Florida Principal and Income Act.
In the area of corporate law, J.B.’s clients include U.S. banks and trust companies. Notably, he served as lead outside counsel for a national bank terminating its trust business and, in the course of the representation, coordinated litigation involving several hundred separate trusts in more than 30 states.
Moreover, J.B. has represented manufacturers in the defense of product liability claims and offers honed skills in multidistrict litigation in federal courts. His experience includes claims involving spinal implants, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and seatbelts.
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Bet-the-Company Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” in West Palm Beach, 2022
- Litigation – Banking and Finance “Lawyer of the Year” in West Palm Beach, 2020
- Commercial Litigation, 2012-22
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, 2020-22
- Litigation – Banking and Finance, 2017-22
- Litigation – Trust and Estates, 2013-22
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2014-22
- The Best Lawyers in America® Business Edition: The Litigation Issue, 2021
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” 2005-10, 2012
- South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyer,” 2005-15
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007-20
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties, board member, 2007-17
- Palm Beach Zoo, Executive Committee, 2004-14
- Palm Beach Rehabilitation Center, former board member
- Mounts Botanical Garden, former board member