With a passion for service and realizing even the most ambitious development projects, Jack’s practice focuses on land use and zoning, administrative and governmental law, environmental law and litigation. He is an experienced general civil litigator with a deep bench of skill in resolving real property disputes and has represented numerous clients at every stage of litigation, from case commencement to trial. Prior to joining private practice, Jack represented six local governments in Palm Beach County, Florida as assistant general counsel and private clients in land use and zoning disputes.
Jack is committed to knowing what each client wants to achieve, as well as the rationale driving their agenda when negotiating solutions through utilizing various zoning tools – in and out of court. A direct communicator who strives to streamline even the most complex information when working with myriad development experts, Jack seeks to create synergy among development constituents, which can range from title professionals to environmental scientists to agency professionals and community leaders and volunteers.
Jack’s background in serving as a government attorney for many years supports him in understanding what agency professionals require in order for his client to succeed. Jack focuses on being ever-prepared to answer and address agency questions and concerns. In his practice, he has established relationships with many government and community professionals, leaders and elected officials, which serves as a starting point for establishing trust and rapport with agency professionals and matter constituents alike. Having worked as the zoning attorney for the nation’s capital, Jack is committed to developing and maintaining contacts in Palm Beach County and beyond in order to help his clients succeed.
A seventh generation Floridian with strong roots in the South Florida region and Palm Beach County, Jack grew up hearing countless stories about the growth and change in the natural and urban environments of Florida, and always knew he would strive to be a catalyst for serving as a driving force in realizing future development objectives. As a result, Jack dedicated his undergraduate and graduate studies to learning more about natural and urban environments, earning a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies and Certificate Minor in Urban & Regional Planning, and Master of Science in Urban & Regional Planning, which complement his Juris Doctor and Environmental Law Certificate.
Jack is an active member of his community and profession, serving on the Board of Directors of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, and previously, on the City of West Palm Beach’s Sustainability Advisory Committee and Zoning Board of Appeals. He was recognized for his service to the community in 2014 and received the TWP award from the Sun Sentinel.
- Palm Beach Illustrated, “Top Lawyers,” 2020
- Recipient of Sun Sentinel’s TWP (top-thirty under thirty) award, 2014
- Panel speaker, 2022 Palm Beach County Bar Association Bench Bar Conference
- Co-author, Florida Bar Journal – A New Era for Federal Wetland Jurisdiction, Vol. 94, No. 2, March/April 2020
- Panel speaker, 2014 and 2015 Fifteenth Judicial Circuit/Palm Beach County Bar Association’s New Attorney Breakfast
- Guest lecturer, Florida Atlantic University’s School of Urban Planning, “The Fair Housing Act & Reasonable Accommodations: What City Planners Need to Know,” 2015
- Panel speaker, 2015 “Practicing With Professionalism” CLE, Florida Bar
- Panel speaker, 2017 Palm Beach County Bar Association Bench Bar Conference
- The Florida Bar, Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Board of Directors
- Past Member, Professionalism Committee & Young Lawyer Section President
- Past Member, Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court
- Florida Chapter of the American Planning Association
- Palm Beach County Planning Congress
- Leadership Palm Beach County, Class of 2014
- City of West Palm Beach
- Past Vice Chair, Sustainability Advisory Committee
- Past Member, Zoning Board of Appeals