Jounice Nealy-Brown is a member of the Business Litigation practice group and advises clients in litigation matters, including employment discrimination and probate issues.
Jounice strives to develop strategies for success that are tailored to clients’ needs. She focuses on being a good listener who is detailed-oriented and analyzes clients’ business issues and the law in an effort to determine the best course of action for resolution.
Jounice is a member of the Executive Committee of the St. Petersburg Bar Association.
She joined Gunster after serving as a federal judicial law clerk for The Honorable Anthony E. Porcelli and The Honorable Mary S. Scriven, both of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division.
Jounice graduated cum laude from Stetson University College of Law, where she was selected for the Honors Program. While at Stetson, Jounice was an associate member of Stetson Law Review and received the Outstanding New Associate Award in addition to the Walter Mann Award for showing the greatest promise of leadership in the legal profession.
In addition to her Juris Doctor degree, Jounice has her Master of Business Administration from The University of Miami, where she also earned the Academic Merit Award.
She is very involved in her church, currently serving as a member of the Hospitality Committee, which focuses on orientation for and outreach to new members, and formerly volunteering as a children’s Sunday School teacher. Jounice has also long served on the board of Suncoast Credit Union, which is a non-profit financial institution that also helps provide financial services to under-served communities.
Prior to her legal career, Jounice worked as a newspaper journalist, sales and marketing executive, and a strategic corporate communications director at the Tampa Bay Times.
- The Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter, Staying in the Game committee, 2020
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2018-present
- Leadership Institute, co-chair, 2021-present
- Leadership Institute, Class of 2019-21
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, 2018-present
- Executive Committee, 2021-present
- Fred G. Minnis, Sr. Bar Association, 2016-present
- George Edgecomb Bar Association, 2016-present
- Suncoast Credit Union, board of directors, 2013-present
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., a public service sorority, 1992-present