Juan Muñiz is a shareholder and a member of the firm’s Environmental & Land Use and Business Litigation practice groups.
Juan’s practice is focused on eminent domain and property rights litigation, including the representation of owners and businesses in condemnation actions, inverse condemnation, regulatory takings, Bert J. Harris claims, land use and zoning disputes, as well as real estate related commercial litigation.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Juan served as a commercial real estate appraiser and consultant, concentrating on the valuation of complex commercial properties and consulting on numerous land development projects for investment and financing purposes. His understanding of the development process and property valuation have allowed him to more effectively serve his clients.
Juan strives to provide focused and effective solutions to his clients in the most timely and economical way possible.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Eminent Domain & Condemnation Law, 2008-18
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite”7
- South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyer,” 2006 to present
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2010-17
- Daily Business Review’s “Most Effective Lawyer,” finalist, 2010
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Appraising Property Taken During Development and Construction,” ALI-ABA Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Litigation Seminar, 2006
- “How to Resolve Difficult Cases: Clearing Economic or Political Hurdles,” CLE INTERNATIONAL Eminent Domain Conference, 2013
- “Reasonable Probability: What’s Fair Game in an Eminent Domain Case,” CLE INTERNATIONAL Eminent Domain Conference, 2014
- Profiled, South Florida Legal Guide, 2009-10
- Professional Forum Article, South Florida Legal Guide, co-author, 2007-08
- “Right-of-Way Dedications: When Property Owners Should Say Enough!,” Proyecto Magazine, co-author, March 2006
- “Property Taken in the Course of Development,” Proyecto Magazine, co-author, February 2006
- “Appraising Property Taken During Development and Construction,” ALI-ABA Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Litigation Seminar, author, 2006
- “The Appraisal Process in Eminent Domain,” Nichols on Eminent Domain, volume 7, Chapter 4, co-author
- Florida Bar, Eminent Domain Committee