Justin Shifrin is an associate in Gunster’s Private Wealth Services practice, specializing in probate, trust, and guardianship litigation. He focuses his practice on assisting clients with all aspects of trust and estate administration in addition to pursuing claims for breach of fiduciary duty.
Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in Florida, Justin practiced as an assurance associate with PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP prior to attending law school. As an attorney, Justin applies his extensive accounting, auditing, and business knowledge to sophisticated trust and fiduciary disputes.
Justin is a triple Gator; he attended the University of Florida, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, a Master’s degree in Accounting, and a Juris Doctor degree with concentrations in tax law, trusts and estates, and fiduciary administration. While in law school, Justin served as the executive articles editor of The Journal of Technology Law & Policy and as a member of the Florida Alternative Dispute Resolution Team. Justin also earned a book award in Trial Practice, and volunteered for UF Law Student Recruitment and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program.
Justin was born and raised in Palm Beach County and is an active member of the community. He has volunteered with the Palm Beach County Youth Court and the Office of the State Attorney for the 15th Judicial Circuit.
When not practicing law, Justin is a licensed private pilot and enjoys open water scuba diving, skiing, and fishing.
- “HB 409, A Drastic Departure From Florida’s Traditional Stance on Will Execution Formalities,” Journal of Technology Law & Policy, 2020
- Florida Bar, 2020-present
- Tax Section
- Business Law Section
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 2018-present
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, 2020-present
- Florida Blue Key, 2014-present
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity, 2011-present