Kyle Teal is an associate in the firm's Miami office, where he concentrates his practice on real property litigation, and matters involving media law.
Looking out for the best interest of his clients is paramount to Kyle, and all causes are advanced with the objective of efficiently fulfilling client goals. Kyle strives to minimize business exposure and expense, an objective that is at the forefront of every strategy employed. When an early solution is not possible, Kyle is dedicated to working aggressively through the courts to obtain, as quickly as possible, his clients’ desired results.
Kyle focuses his practice on eminent domain and inverse condemnation cases; commercial and insurance-related disputes; and land use, environmental and development matters. He also assists clients in disputes regarding public records laws, trade secret protections, and First Amendment rights.
Before joining the firm, Kyle focused his litigation practice on commercial, construction and insurance defense cases. He gained trial and appellate litigation experience as a certified legal intern for the Miami-Dade Public Defender's Office. In addition to his trial and transactional experience, Kyle argued civil and criminal cases before the Third District Court of Appeal.
Kyle is the recipient of the Florida Bar Journal 2016 “Excellence in Writing” award, the 2012 ALI-ABA “Scholarship and Leadership” award, as well as the CALI “Excellence for the Future” award for appellate advocacy. During law school, he served as editor-in-chief of the St. Thomas Law Review, and competed in various moot court competitions.
Prior to his legal career, Kyle worked as a newspaper, magazine and television reporter in Key West, Central Florida and Miami.
- B.B. v. State, 86 So. 3d 1216 (Fla. 3d DCA 2012)
- "Pro Bono Hero", Americans for Immigrant Justice, 2018
- Florida Bar Journal's “Excellence in Writing” award, 2016
- ALI-ABA “Scholarship and Leadership” award, 2012
- St. Thomas Law Review, editor-in-chief, 2011-2012
- American Bar Association Appellate Advocacy Competition, 2012
- “Best Student” award for Appellate Advocacy, 2011
- Robert Orseck Memorial Moot Court Tournament, semifinalist, 2011
- San Diego National Criminal Procedure Tournament, team coach, 2011
- Dean’s List
- “No Ideas But in Things: A Practitioner’s Look at Demonstrative Evidence,” 89, 10 Fla. Bar J. 17 (2015)
- “Eminent Domain Update,” SW019/SW020 ALI-CLE 263 (2015)
- “Media and the Law: Adjusting Trial Strategy in Light of Media Portrayal and Public Perception,” St. Thomas Law Rev., March 30, 2012
- “Bush v. Gore: ‘The Story Behind the Story,'” 37, 24 Fla. B. News 17 (2010)
- Urban Land Institute, 2015- present
- Dade County Bar Association, 2012- present
- Peter T. Fay American Inn of Court, 2012 – present
- Lawyers for Children America, Inc., board of directors, 2017
- Chapman Partnership for the Homeless, volunteer and NextGen member, 2010-present
- Coconut Grove Cares, Inc., volunteer, 2010-present