Lauren Purdy advises local, national and multinational clients in a wide array of business disputes in both state and federal courts. Her practice is focused on complex commercial litigation, transportation and professional liability matters at both the trial and appellate court levels.
As a trial lawyer who devotes a substantial portion of her practice to appeals, Lauren is personally dedicated to bringing a unique and well-rounded perspective to litigation strategy and courtroom advocacy. Lauren's experience in trial and appellate courts includes the representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in jury trials, bench trials and arbitration hearings. She has also briefed and argued complex commercial appellate matters before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and Florida appellate courts.
Lauren joined Gunster in 2013 after completing two separate one year clerkships. The first clerkship was for Judge Robert L. Hinkle of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, and then for Judge Joel F. Dubina of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Lauren is a member of the firm's Women's Leadership Forum.
Outside the practice of law, Lauren is committed to serving both her local Jacksonville community and greater Florida. Drawing on her love of sports, Lauren is a member of the JaxSports Council, a nonprofit organization devoted to generating economic impact in the Jacksonville area through the hosting of professional and amateur sporting events. In addition, Lauren is a member of the Women's Giving Alliance, a philanthropic organization dedicated to the mission of improving the lives of women and girls in Northeast Florida. A member of Leadership Florida's Connect Florida Statewide Leadership Institute, Lauren also works with leaders across the state striving to build a stronger future for Florida.
- Florida Trend, "Up & Comer," 2017
- Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2016-17
- Eight-time NCAA Division II All-American Women’s Swimming, 2005-08
- Eight-time NCAA Division II Honorable Mention All-American Women’s Swimming, 2005-08
- Four-year NCAA Division II Academic All-American, 2005-08
- Female Scholar Athlete of the Year, Ouachita Baptist University, 2008
- Jacksonville Federal Bar Association, 2013-present
- Summer series for law students, co-chair, 2017
- Jacksonville Bar Association, 2013-present
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court
- Alumni member, 2015-present
- Associate member, 2014-15
- Leadership Florida
- Connect Florida, Class VIII
- Women's Giving Alliance
- Delores Barr Weaver Fellow, 2016-present
- JaxSports Council
- Administrative committee, 2017-present
- ACC cheer & band host, 2017
- ACC coaches host, 2016
- Florida State University Law School Alumni Association, board of directors
- Placement Committee, chair, 2015-present
- Director, 2014-present
- Presidential appointee, 2013-14
- Class agent, 2012-13
- Ortega United Methodist Church, 2013-present