Lauren Purdy joined Gunster in 2013 after completing two separate one year clerkships, first as law clerk to Judge Robert L. Hinkle of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, and then as law clerk to Judge Joel F. Dubina of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. She is a member of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Forum.
Lauren has experience litigating claims in state and federal courts both inside and outside the state of Florida. She is a member of the Business Litigation and Appellate practice groups, where she represents clients in a variety of matters including professional liability defense, contract disputes, antitrust violations, class actions, torts and insurance coverage disputes.
Prior to law school, Lauren was a member of Ouachita Baptist University’s NCAA Division II swim team, where she was an eight time All-American, eight time Honorable Mention All-American and four year Academic All-American. She was also named her university’s “Female Scholar Athlete of the Year” her senior year.
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2016
- The Florida State Law Review
- Florida State University Moot Court Team
- Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law
- Order of the Coif
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court
- Women’s Giving Alliance
- Delores Barr Weaver Class of 2017 Fellow
- JaxSports Council, committee member
- Florida State Law Alumni Association, board of directors, 2013-present
- Placement Committee, chair, 2015-present