Linda Conahan is a shareholder who served on the firm’s board of directors from 2008-2012. She is a member of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Forum.
Linda represents prominent individuals and businesses in resolving complex commercial and personal disputes. Her goal in each matter is to understand a client’s business, needs and objectives and to only use litigation as a tool when necessary. She concentrates her practice in the areas of business litigation, fiduciary and guardianship litigation, banking and financial institutions litigation, real property litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes, and corporate governance litigation.
Linda has tried to judgment more than two dozen cases in state, federal and bankruptcy courts throughout the state of Florida. Her practice has spanned a wide range of high profile cases litigated at the trial court level, and she has also represented clients in appellate proceedings before state and federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court.
Linda’s clients have included Fortune 100 companies, the nation’s largest financial institutions, title and commercial insurance underwriters, as well as a vast array of diverse businesses that include automobile distributors, private schools, land developers, television broadcast networks, municipalities, internet businesses, agricultural and food producers, and gaming and entertainment companies. She has defended class action suits and served as liaison counsel in federal complex and multi-district litigation.
Linda's practice includes representation of trustees, personal representatives, guardians, curators and beneficiaries in high asset trust and probate disputes. She is also frequently appointed to fiduciary roles by the probate court, where she has recovered considerable funds misappropriated in Ponzi schemes and fiduciary defalcations.
Linda has the distinction of being an inaugural member of the Bar Register of AV Rated Preeminent Women Lawyers. Less than 5% of women lawyers have been recognized with an AV Preeminent Rating. She has also been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Banking & Finance Litigation and Real Estate Litigation. Her honors also include recognition as one of “100 Outstanding Women” of Broward County in 2012, and Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite,” among others.
- Represented land developer in litigation against 101-acre community development district concerning assessments relating to $27 million for infrastructure bonds and related special assessment liens.
- Defended national bank in federal district court, federal appellate court and the United States Supreme Court in class action lawsuit
- Represented international entertainment company bid to acquire multiple pari-mutuel facilities
- Represented court appointed fiduciary in multiple surcharge actions against prior trustees and personal representatives
- Defended large sugar producer in breach of land lease
- Defended agricultural land owner in comprehensive plan consistency challenge
- Defended personal representative in will contest and removal litigation
- Represented beneficiary in trustee removal and breach of fiduciary duty litigation
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial, Banking & Finance and Real Estate Litigation, 2007-19
- South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyers,” 2006-13
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-18
- Florida Trend, “Legal Elite,” 2014, 2017-18
- “100 Outstanding Women” of Broward County, 2012
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers 2011, Inaugural Edition, less than 5% of women lawyers have been recognized with an AV Preeminent Rating
- South Florida Business Journal, “Best of the Bar,” April, 2003
- Broward County Bar Association, past president
- Bankruptcy Bar of the Southern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Historical Society, trustee
- American Bar Association
- Legal Aid Society of Broward, Inc., past president
- Broward Lawyers Care, founder
- American Bar Foundation, fellow
- Leadership Broward, Class III
- Florida Commission on Ethics, 2007-09