Lu-Ann Dominguez focuses her practice on representing clients in tax controversy matters.
She has extensive experience representing clients faced with IRS audits, IRS penalties, FBAR violations, IRS summons enforcement, IRS collection efforts, and criminal tax issues.
Lu-Ann has handled tax cases for her clients at IRS Appeals, in the United States Tax Court, in the Federal District Court, and the United States Supreme Court. She has served as lead counsel on numerous IRS Voluntary Disclosure matters.
In 2014, Lu-Ann represented clients in two highly noted tax cases: U.S. v. Clarke, U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. v. Zwerner, a highly publicized international tax related case.
- Woman Leading Broward Leadership Broward Foundation, Inc., Class of 2015, graduate
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, “Woman of the Year,” nominee, 2012
- 2012 Leadership Broward Senior Executive Orientation Program, graduate
Publications & Presentations
- ABA Section of Taxation 2015 Midyear Meeting Section, Houston, January 31, 2015 Summons Enforcement – Procedure, Privileges and Petitions to Quash, moderator
- 2015 FIBA AML Compliance Conference, guest speaker, March 2015
- Cross-Border Income Tax Investigations, guest speaker, 2015
- “Senior Executive Orientation Economic Impact of Not-for-Profits Session 5,” January 2014
- ABA Webinar Panel Speaker, “The ABCs of Summons Enforcement Including Recent Developments,” August 2013
- Senior Executive Orientation Economic Impact of Not-for-Profits Session 5,” March 2013
- “The ABCs of Summons Enforcement, Including Recent Developments in the Area of 5th Amendment Issues for Closely Held Businesses,” ABA Section of Taxation Midyear 2013 Meeting, January 2013
- Quoted in “IRS, DOJ Using More Summonses in Tax Examinations, Attorneys Say,” BNA Daily Tax Report, August 28, 2013
- Quoted in “When Are Offshore Penalties Excessive?,” Wall Street Journal, July 13-14, 2013
- Quoted in “Budget-Battered IRS Sinks Under Workload,” USA Today, April 17, 2012
- Quoted in “It’s OK to Get a Tax Refund If You Don’t Blow It,” AP Syndicated Article, March 28, 2012
- Quoted in “Scams Spring Up During Tax Season,” USA Today, March 12, 2012
- “Tax Refund Fraud and Identity Theft Become High Priorities as Tax Season Approaches,” Gunster Tax Alert, February 8, 2012
- “IRS Announces 2012 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program,” Gunster Tax Alert, January 30, 2012
- “IRS Announces 2011 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative,” Gunster Tax Alert, February 28, 2011
Professional Associations & Memberships
American Bar Association, Tax Section
Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Council
Leadership Broward Senior Executive Orientation Executive Committee