Mark J. Ragusa is a shareholder who joined the firm in 2011.
Mark provides clients with extensive and diverse litigation experience in a multitude of subject matters. His litigation and regulatory practice includes health care law and other practice areas, including professional liability defense, banking, estate and trust, probate, construction, commercial, product liability, business and corporate litigation matters.
In health care law, Mark handles matters for medical providers, including managed care litigation and reimbursement disputes with private and government payers, as well as handling hospital, physician and other provider patient account, reimbursement, hospital lien and collection issues.
Mark also handles a variety of other litigation matters throughout the state of Florida assisted by associates and team members in the local Gunster offices.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, Health Care Law, 2018-21
- Chambers & Partners, Leaders in Their Field, Healthcare, 2014-15
- AV Preeminent rating as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Do You Really Have Worker’s Compensation Immunity,” Construction Law Advisory, Winter 2004
- “OSHA’s Top Ten Cited Violations,” Construction Law Advisory, Winter 2004
- “MRIS: Reduced Reimbursement From PIP Insurers,” Health Law Advisory, Spring 2004
- The Florida Bar
- Unlicensed Practice of Law Standing Committee, former chair
- Clients’ Security Fund Committee, Member, vice chair
- Member Benefits Committee, Member, former chair
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Litigation & Health Law Sections
- Forum on the Construction Industry
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Boy Scout Troop 46 in Tampa, Assistant Scoutmaster, former Scoutmaster. Order of the Arrow Brotherhood and Wood Badge Eagle.
- Upper Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce, Northwest Hillsborough Citizen of the Year 2011